Charts with multiple series load error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charts with multiple series load error

Charts sometimes load incorrectly when opening a workspace. See attached picutures. The top pane gets scrunched up when you load the workspace and you can't drag it down.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by GrumpyTrader; 01-02-2016, 09:07 AM.

Hello GrumpyTrader,

Please send me your workspace files
    You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> EMail Support, select 'Other files', check the box 'Workspcae files and UI settings'.

Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ad.php?t=81602
    Christopher S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by GrumpyTrader View Post
      Charts sometimes load incorrectly when opening a workspace. See attached picutures. The top pane gets scrunched up when you load the workspace and you can't drag it down.
      I've experienced this on a couple occasions myself.. I'm not sure if it's the secondary data series within an indicator, or possibly an indicator on a second panel that actually causes the issue (or both).. But it's only happened to me on tabbed charts and the tabs (all of them when it happens) that are not active..

And your right.. Initially is does not allow you to adjust the panel down (almost like it's stuck in that state).. But, if you reload ninjascript of the chart, it will then allow you to drag that second panel down and readjust your chart accordingly.. You'll want to immediately save your workspace once done adjusting charts, and you have a good chance that it will be ok the next time you open..

For now, when I have a workspace with multiple tabbed charts, once I get things the way I want, I'm also saving (backing up) that good workspace to another folder, so that if it ever happens again, hopefully I won't have to go thru the pain of trying to re-adjust everything back again..

If or when it happens again, I'll try to take a look at log/trace files and see if there is any hint to why this might be happening, but I've yet to figure out how to reproduce..

-=Edge=-
      NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - High Tech Trading Analysis

Comment

Thanks Edge. Now that you mention it, my problems are on charts with multiple tabs with indicators in the lower panel.

Comment

Hi guys,

I also have this problem from time-to-time. The tabs which are showing when NT loads seem ok but all the others on the chart scrunch up. For me, once this has happened once to a workspace it is impossible to fix it. In saying that I mean I can fix it up while NT is open, but then next time I start NT the same thing happens to the workspace. The only way is to restart and make a whole new workspace (or modify an existing one from before the issue happened).

It is very frustrating... Like Edge I have had to make a external backup of the workspaces so that if it happens I can over-write the corrupted file. I will email support several workspaces where this has happened to see if a common theme can be found and reference this thread.

Cheers,
          Shane

Comment

Hi Shane,
            I found if you open and close the dataseries screen of the offending chart it fixes it.

Comment

Thanks GrumpyTrader I will try that. I am curious if you saved the workspace after doing that then closed NT and restarted it NT... whether it then opened correctly or still showing scrunched after a restart?

Comment

Saving the workspace doesn't seem to fix it for me. I also save a chart template for each chart as well and use it to restore the chart.

Comment

Hey GrumpyTrader,

I was able to replicate this issue pretty much at will, but then I removed all my bartimers and pivot points from the charts and now when NT crashes it is not corrupting (scrunching) the workspace, whereas before it was doing it every time.

I haven't done much more testing than that, but I was curious if you have either of these indicators in your workspace? I’m not certain its related but for me even charts without those indicators were being corrupted and now I’ve removed it none are.

Cheers
                  Shane
                  Last edited by ShaneAU; 01-06-2016, 02:22 AM.

Comment

Hi Shane
                    Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately I'm not using those specific indicators.

Best

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
                    6 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post DJ888
                    by DJ888

Started by Jon17, Today, 04:33 PM
                    0 responses