Error starting Ninja

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error starting Ninja

Every time I open ninja trader it automatically has an error message and says ninja trader application has stopped working. Tells me to check online for a solution and close program or just close the program. Was working fine on Thursday and I haven't used my computer since then, I cleared the cache file under the db file, rebooted and still has the same problem help?
    thanks

I get the same error. The system locked up on Sunday when I tried to close it down. I closed all the windows, except the console would not close. I tried to stop it and it would not stop. I shut the system down and now get the error:
    Ninja Trader application has stopped working
    Description: Stopped working
    Event name CLR20r3.

It may have something to do with the year change? I have never had any issues before.

Comment

FIXED: I sorted my issue out by looking at the TRACE file. This won't help anyone else - but I thought I would document it. I run ninja on a MAC using VMWare Fusion. I had modified the VMWARE SHARING option to sync all of the MAC folders. They are just check boxes on the screen. Turns out that sharing and syncing the Documents folder is a very bad idea. It copies all of the user specific files to the MAC shared folder - AND THEN NINJA tries to use it. Very bad. The solution was easy - turn the SYNC for that folder OFF again. BTW - the TRACE file showed up on the MAC version of the documents folder - with all of the paths pointing to the VMWARE share.

All better and working fine now. - I see why they recommend just to contact support. This one was very weird. Thanks for the info in the forum (Trace file review saved the day).

Comment

Hi boomer59,

Do you see any improvement if you launch NT8 in safe mode? To do that, just hold down the Ctrl button on your keyboard, then double-click on the NT8 icon to launch it as you normally would. You should see mention of 'Safe Mode' on the resulting splash screen.
        <span class="name">Alex C.</span><span class="title">NinjaTrader Customer Service</span><iframe name="sig" id="sigFrame" src="/support/forum/core/clientscript/Signature/signature.php" frameborder="0" border="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-style: none;width: 100%; height: 120px;"></iframe>

Comment

Originally posted by dfwgreg View Post
          FIXED: I sorted my issue out by looking at the TRACE file. This won't help anyone else - but I thought I would document it. I run ninja on a MAC using VMWare Fusion. I had modified the VMWARE SHARING option to sync all of the MAC folders. They are just check boxes on the screen. Turns out that sharing and syncing the Documents folder is a very bad idea. It copies all of the user specific files to the MAC shared folder - AND THEN NINJA tries to use it. Very bad. The solution was easy - turn the SYNC for that folder OFF again. BTW - the TRACE file showed up on the MAC version of the documents folder - with all of the paths pointing to the VMWARE share.

All better and working fine now. - I see why they recommend just to contact support. This one was very weird. Thanks for the info in the forum (Trace file review saved the day).
          Hey dfwgreg, how is Fusion 8 working out for you? Do you daytrade or swing or position? Does NT make use of the Retina display? (in case you have Retina)
          Thank you for your feedback!

Samir

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Kaledus, Today, 01:29 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Kaledus
          by Kaledus

Started by PaulMohn, Today, 12:36 PM