Recommend: Put myMethods in AddOns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recommend: Put myMethods in AddOns

Hi, like you have sample strategies, suggest you put SampeMyMethods in the AddOns with comments and link back to the forum.

Thanks!

Hello stevenev,

Are you asking to have an example of an Addon using a custom method created for you?
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Chelsea, just suggesting to add that to the NT8 base code, as a starting block for people who might find it useful, same as sample strategies already included. This is not a bug, just something to help future users with. Just referring to skeletal code to be added to the base, nothing specific in mind.

Comment

Hello stevenev,

Just to confirm, you would like an example of how to write an indicator and add a custom method to this indicator, is this correct?

This would not involve static methods, or partial classes correct?

This is not in reference to another post you have created, which I have linked below, is this correct?
        http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ad.php?t=81647

Custom methods are not part of NinjaScript and are general C#. These would not be in the help guide and would not have any examples added with NinjaTrader by default as this would be something learned from a book on C# and is not specific to making NinjaScripts.

However, I have created an example of adding a custom method to an indicator for you and attached to this post.
        Attached Files
        Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

My goal is to find out how to write common code that can be used in different strategies (in the AddOns). As I indicated in the other post, the sample code in 'code breaking changes' does not work out of the box (not for us newbies). So suggested to maybe expand that part of docs and/or if appropriate add the sample code to the release.

The zip file you provided is GREAT. That would get me going. Thank you.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by giulyko00, Today, 12:03 PM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
          Started by f.saeidi, Today, 12:14 PM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby