X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

attached/oco orders when using unmanaged order managemen

hi -

context of question is NT8 Add-On.
    I am using the CreateOrder and SubmitOrder to manage place entry orders with oco's

Say for example I want to submit a stop entry order + oco.
    Currently I am submitting the entry order.
    When the entry order gets filled, I create and submit the oco

So my first question is if it is possible to submit the oco and the entry order together somehow? Obviously, for this to work, I would expect that the oco would not be active till the parent fills.

hope this makes sense.

Hello,

Thank you for the question.

I wanted to confirm, you are asking to submit an entry and target and stop all in once shot? or More or less like how the SetStopLoss or SetProfitTarget work with the managed approach or are set and then become active upon fill?

If so, I believe what you are currently doing would be the correct approach as the Submit just Submits the orders created by CreateOrder. It does take an Array so multiple entries could be submitted in a single line but you would still then need to submit the orders after the fill with the associated OCO etc.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jesse View Post
      Hello,
      ...More or less like how the SetStopLoss or SetProfitTarget work with the managed approach or are set and then become active upon fill?
      More or less that.

So from your answer, when using unmanaged, I should be submitting the OCO's after the parent gets filled. Otherwise, the OCO orders become active immediately when they are submitted and we don't want that.

So then I have another question which is a follow up to the last one:
      Say I call CreateOrder for a Limit order. I do not call Submit with this order yet. I then call Change to modify the order price. After this I call Submit. I am getting an error when doing this and was not sure i this is a bug or by design. Meaning, it looks like I can only Change/modify orders that have been submitted.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the questions.

You are correct, you would not want them to submit all at once as the target and stop would have no entry associated and would not be the order of actions you are trying to get.

Regarding the second question, I believe you are correct on this as well, you are trying to modify a non existing order because it currently only exists in the context of your variable.

CreateOrder is a return method meaning it creates an Order for you based on the entered parameters, that order is not yet submitted or being tracked. Once you submit it you would be able to manage the order using the methods to do so.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
        JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by cls71, Today, 04:45 AM
        0 responses
        1 view
        0 likes
        Last Post cls71
        by cls71

Started by mjairg, 07-20-2023, 11:57 PM