Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simulated data feed

Hi ,
    When using the simulator , only some markets receive data feed . Stocks rarely and even then the charts won't open, never. Can you explain and what can i do .
    Thanks

Hello EVERTON,
    Thank you for your post,

The simulated datafeed does not include historical data. The Simulated datafeed is internally generated canned data used for practice purposes; because of this your charts will start blank and build as simulated data is received. If you open a 1 minute chart and let it run for about a half hour there will be enough data for an indicator to populate.

For more information regarding historical data please view our User Guide section here:

Historical Data Overview
    http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...y_provider.htm

For more information on the Simulated Data Feed please view this section of our User Guide:

Simulated Datafeed
    http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...connection.htm
    Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

sim data feed ?

Hi
      I understand the historical data bit but that's not the issue. I only receive data feed ie prices and charts for forex and the ES 12 15 nothing else. Can you explain ?
      Thanks

Comment

Hello EVERTON,

Thank you for your reply,

Sorry about that, to clarify, each instrument should receive simulated data when connected to the Simulated Data Feed, what you are experiencing would be unexpected.

Can you please give me a little more information so I can attempt to replicate this on my end? For example, the markets and specific instruments you're seeing this occur with.

Comment

Hi, I only receive data feed from 3 markets , Forex, Dow 30 and the default but i get feed from all their instruments. So i get no feed whatsoever from the other instrument types , stock , futures , Nasdaq etc nor their instruments.

Comment

Hello Everton,

Thank you for the follow up, I do see the same on my end with the simulated data feed and these markets. We have had a similar report, yours does help a lot in narrowing the issue, thank you for reporting!

Tracking number 1337.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_EricB View Post
              Hello Everton,

Thank you for the follow up, I do see the same on my end with the simulated data feed and these markets. We have had a similar report, yours does help a lot in narrowing the issue, thank you for reporting!

Tracking number 1337.
              Sorry for the oversight, I did some additional testing prior to submitting to Development -- After applying the Default 24/7 Session Template (right click on the chart > Data Series > Trading Hours), I was then able to receive chart data for these markets.

Can you please try the same on your end and let me know if you do not see the same?

Comment

Thanks Eric B. Can this problem be resolved ?

Comment

EVERTON,

Were you able to get Simulated data populated in your charts after applying the Default 24/7 Session Template?

Also, to clarify, when submitting bug reports for NinjaTrader 8, if bugs are found (which is what your reporting is helping us look into) we can then look at resolving it for wider release.

On my end, after applying the Default 24/7 Session Template, I was able to get chart data for various stocks, Nasdaq, and futures instruments.

Comment

Followed your instruction but it still never worked , i tried several times for different markets and instrument but nothing. It seems very erratic , sometimes i get data feed for a specific market and instrument but most times i won't. Also after following your instruction default 24/7 session template it reverts back to its default ' use instrument settings ' , hope this helps.

Comment

Is it reverting back to <Use Instrument Settings> when switching instruments? That would be expected per what is setup within the instruments you're switching to.

Because today is a holiday, when <Use Instrument Settings> is selected, the Simulated data feed will not populate data in the charts (it simulates the holiday); after selecting the Default 24/7 Session Template, it should then work as expected.

Comment

Thanks,
                        As i said it doesn't work even after selecting Default 24/7 . Regards reverting back to ' use instruments settings ' this only happened when i closed the instrument then reopened to see if i could get it going but thats a minor prob. The major problem is i still don't receive data feed even after changing to default 24/7. Regarding the holiday , that 's irrelevant as i ' ve been discussing it with you for a week . I haven' t had full data feed since i downloaded NJ month ago.

Comment

Thanks for confirming that, I just wanted to make sure you were applying the template after taking steps that would cause the template to change.

If this is persisting, can you please write in to PlatformSupport [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] Com with a link to this forum post? Please also send your log and trace files.

You will find the log file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > Log folder.

You will find the trace file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > Trace folder.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
                          1 response
                          0 likes
                          Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                          Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
                          0 responses
                          0 likes