loss connection to hds server NT8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

loss connection to hds server NT8

Tonight my charts stopped updating I looked at the log file it says loss of connection with hds server. NT7 works I also checked NT8 on 2 other computers. As I was trying to trouble shoot the problem a fellow trader called me with the same complaint. Please help this is very disappointing. I trade Forex Using FXCM and Ninja trader.

Same issue here. I haven't back on my post. what are the NT support hours? 24/5 I assume since you have traders around the globe. Help.

Comment

Similiar issue

I'm also having a similar issue with NT8, in that it will not load the historical data on the charts. I also use FXCM for trading. NT7 works fine. Also I tried closing a chart then reloading a new chart, and nothing displays except loading on top. No data displays.

Comment

Seems to also prevent Playback from working properly too. Can't load charts.

Comment

I'm also having a similar issue with NT8, in that it will not load the historical data on the charts. I also use FXCM for trading. NT7 works fine. Also I tried closing a chart then reloading a new chart, and nothing displays except loading on top. No data displays. Where is the NT help desk 24 hour support?

First I get the log message "Connection to HDS server (HDS5.NinjaTrader.com/31655) but the next second "Connection to HDS server lost"

Comment

Unfortunately there is an issue with the historical data server that NinjaTrader 8 uses at this time (HDS5). NinjaTrader is unable to connect to it, so no historical data can be loaded. We are looking into the issue. Once there is news regarding the matter, we will let you know.
            JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
              Unfortunately there is an issue with the historical data server that NinjaTrader 8 uses at this time (HDS5). NinjaTrader is unable to connect to it, so no historical data can be loaded. We are looking into the issue. Once there is news regarding the matter, we will let you know.
              And all your backup servers are down too. What are the chances.

It's one thing that the historical data is not accessible but what I don't get is why the charts are not updating although the DOMs are...?

Comment

The issue has been resolved. Can you please restart NinjaTrader and you should be able to connect to the historical data server again.

Comment

Jason, thanks.

Just a suggestion: It would be nice to sent out a notice when you guys have a major bug like this one. Especially in high volatility environement.

Comment

Thanks Jason. It would be much appreciated if you guys would send out notifications when this happens. Also, I had opened up a support incident earlier in the evening and the CSM told me he could load data. Do you guys have access differently than we do? Seems like he should have seen this.

also, what are your support hours? I assumed 24/5, but I didn't see any responses yesterday from 8pm (-7 time) until this morning.
                    Thanks

Comment

Thank you for your feedback.

We have access the same way. When I tested it yesterday on my end, I could reproduce it. I am not sure what CSM refers to. Can you please clarify?

Please see our NinjaTrader platform support hours below. There is a skeleton staff available outside these hours.

Monday through Friday from 8:30 AM until 6:00 PM EST.

We provide 24 hour emergency trade support for our NinjaTrader brokerage.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by wzgy0920, 04-20-2024, 06:09 PM
                      2 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post wzgy0920  
                      Started by wzgy0920, 02-22-2024, 01:11 AM
                      5 responses
                      0 likes