Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charts not keeping days back data

Hello

I am running a EURGBP 240 minute chart. By default I have it set to 90 Days of data. But, I currently want to look at 180 days of data so I have changed that in the Data Series (but did not change the default setting). I then increased to a Daily chart and later returned to a 240 minute chart. When I returned to the 240 minute chart it only brought up 90 days worth of data.

I think that it should continue to bring up 180 days of data because that is what I set that particular chart to. I can understand if a new chart automatically gives me 90 days because that is the default.

Could you let me know if this is a bug and if it is being fixed? If it is by design, is it possible to change a setting somewhere so that when I always see the amount of data that I want to see on that chart?

Thanks!

jg123,

You can save the Days to Load as part of the period type default template.

Here is a link to the help guide which goes over these settings:
    http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG..._templates.htm

Comment

Thanks Patrick

I actually want to keep it at 90 because that is what I generally look at. But occasionally I want to change it to look at something longer. I think it makes sense that when changing the Data Series for that chart that it would stay the same amongst different time frames when we change it, right? Or am I missing something.

Comment

I just tested this in NinjaTrader 7 and it works the way I am describing.

In NT7 I have set the default 30 days on the 240 minute chart. Then I changed the chart to view 90 days. Then I changed it to a Daily chart. Then I went back to a 240 minute chart and it continued to show me 90 days worth of data - even though the default is set to 30 days.

I think that this is what NT8 should also be doing.

Comment

This is unexpected.

Following the steps you've just outlined in NT7 my chart loads the saved default for the days to load.

I'd like to set up a remote session to view this behavior. Please write in to PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com with a link to this thread and ATTN Patrick G in the body.

Comment

I just sent the email.

Thaks

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by yertle, Yesterday, 08:38 AM
            7 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post yertle
            by yertle