Beta 8 won't run, hangs on startup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beta 8 won't run, hangs on startup

I've tried uninstalling, deleting the Ninjatrader 8 Documents folder, and reinstalling, but get the same result whenever I try to open the program: a spinning wheel at the cursor.

Checking in Task Manager shows three NT 8 processes running, but no cpu activity associated with them. And I can't shut them down via the Task Manager, I have to reboot the computer.

It would be helpful if there was a link to a previous download version, as it is I won't be able to do any work with the program until this is resolved.

After you have restarted and confirmed there is no NT8 process running in the task manager, please try starting in safe mode by holding down the "CTRL" key on your keyboard and then clicking on the NinjaTrader 8 icon. Please let us know if that helps.

Either way, please send us your log and trace files from the time period you were trying to start and would not so we can determine what is occurring. We would need your help to resolve this type of issue in future betas as this is not something our QA team has run across in the beta release.

You will find the log file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > Log folder.

The log file will be named "log.YYYYMMDD.txt"
    You will find the trace file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > Trace folder.

The trace file will be named "trace.YYYYMMDD.tx

You may send these to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com with a reference to this thread.

Previous versions are available on the Beta page in our Help Guide; however we would appreciate if you could work with us to help figure out what is happening with B8 before you revert to a previous version. Otherwise whatever it is causing your issues may not be identified and resolved in a timely manner.

Thanks for your participation in our beta program!
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Thanks for the quick response Matthew, I followed your instructions and it worked, and is now working via regular startup as well.

Unfortunately I deleted the NT8 Documents folder when trying to fix the problem myself, so I dont' have any logs available from before this installation, and there was no log created from my last unsuccessful attempt to run the program. So all I have are the ones since following your instructions.

Comment

Originally posted by palinuro View Post
        I've tried uninstalling, deleting the Ninjatrader 8 Documents folder, and reinstalling, but get the same result whenever I try to open the program: a spinning wheel at the cursor.

Checking in Task Manager shows three NT 8 processes running, but no cpu activity associated with them. And I can't shut them down via the Task Manager, I have to reboot the computer.

It would be helpful if there was a link to a previous download version, as it is I won't be able to do any work with the program until this is resolved.
        Are you using Avast antivirus?

This sounds like what happened with my Zombie installation, even down to the 3 instances that cannot be accessed or closed.

ref: http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...ad.php?t=80768

Comment

Thanks, I am using Avast but I had already seen that thread and excluded NT from Avast back then.
          Perhaps worth switching AV software, though...

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
          2 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post algospoke  
          Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
          3 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred