X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wrong effects moving chart vertically

I have a chart with price panel and volume indicator in another panel

Both axes are set with fixed range

Pressing arrow keys up or down vertically scrolls both price AND indicator axes at the same time.

Another different wrong effect appears if I use mouse to scroll (left click and drag)

In this case correctly only price or indicator moves (depending on what axis I left click and drag) but vertical range increase slightly when I release the left button.
    Obviously this effect add up at every scroll.
    To view this effect is necessary to perform many vertical scrolls releasing the left button of the mouse between them

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

I was able to reproduce the issue you described when using the up/down arrows and will forward this to our development team.

Can you please clarify on the issue you are experiencing when dragging left and right or specific steps so I may attempt to reproduce on my end.
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ; 01-11-2016, 04:28 PM.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Christopher,
      sorry for not having been clear.

The issue was about using the mouse to scroll the chart up or down i.e. ctrl+left click and dragging up or down.

Vertical scale correctly shift up or down but when I release the left mouse button the range changes (actually increase) albeit slightly.

To clarify even if somewhat long-winded, suppose to have a chart with crude oil future CL. Vertical range fixed at 30 to 32
      I make a ctrl left click in the right axis and drag down. When I release the left button the new range will be 32.50 to 34.62 (increased 0.12) instead of 32.50 to 34.50
      Repeat the operation and the new range will be 33.70 to 35.94 (another increase of 0.12) and so on

Range always increase at every scroll regardless if moving up or down

Comment

Originally posted by aerofly View Post
        Vertical scale correctly shift up or down but when I release the left mouse button the range changes (actually increase) albeit slightly.
        Yep, yep.. been like that forever now.. Not that it's a major issue, but does tend to be a pain when your trying to get your price panel to an exact size..

-=Edge=-
        NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - High Tech Trading Analysis

Comment

Thank you for the additional information. After moving the chart panel up and down if you click the "F" in the upper right hand corner does the scaling return?
          Last edited by NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ; 01-12-2016, 03:04 PM.

Comment

Clicking on the "F" reset the range to automatic mode but I start with fixed range mode and would like to remain so, without changing its wideness but only position

Resetting to automatic force me to switch to fixed range mode using chart properties dialog after every scroll

Note that this effect is not present in NT7, scrolling vertically doesn't change the wideness of the fixed range

I enclosed some screenshots showing the chart in initial state, after 1 scroll and after 10 scrolls up and down
            Attached Files

Comment

I was able to reproduce this on my end as well when in Fixed scale. I will forward this to our development team for further review.

Comment

Currently using the Up/Down arrow within the chart will move all panels and is expected behavior however our development team is looking into possibly changing this in a future release. This feature request can be tracked with ID # SFT-1042.

Comment

Once Beta 9 is available can you please upgrade and let me know if you continue to experience the same behavior when moving the chart up and down when using a Fixed scale.

Comment

Yes, I will

Comment

Hi Chris,
                      I'm happy to inform You that the issue is resolved. Moving chart Up/down with mouse on vertical axes doesn't mess vertical range anymore

The following behavior is still ongoing:
                      Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ View Post
                      Currently using the Up/Down arrow within the chart will move all panels and is expected behavior however our development team is looking into possibly changing this in a future release. This feature request can be tracked with ID # SFT-1042.
                      I hope the request will be accepted, I am unable to imagine a use case where as it currently is useful

Thank You so much for your help

Comment

Sorry there is a case.

It is useful when there are two or more data series in different panels of the same chart but I'am still convinced is detrimental to move at same time also the panels having only indicators

Comment

Using the Up/Down arrows currently will move all panels however this is something our development team is still considering changing at a later date.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by nandhumca, Today, 03:41 PM
                          0 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post nandhumca  
                          Started by The_Sec, Today, 03:37 PM
                          0 responses
                          0 likes