Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exception errors when loading into some workspaces on startup

Hi guys,

I have been having issues with exception errors when I first load into some workspaces.

Generally when the errors occur there are various indicators missing from some tabs etc and I fix it by closing the workspace without saving and re-open it. This has been ongoing in all releases of NT8 but is not always easy to replicate because it does not happen every time, however the basic things in common are:
    1. This only ever happens if I am starting NT8 into the workspace. If I already have NT open and then open the workspace, then there is never an issue.
    2. The workspace I am opening has a reasonable amount of charts/indicators (even just standard ones) to load.

Although I have had the issue on many different workspaces (which have been created from scratch not the same template), I have noticed these errors occurring on my current workspace reasonably frequently (i.e. a couple of times a day or more assuming I am using NT8 and it is crashing/restarting often).

To replicate:
    1. Please use the workspace which I have previously emailed support in the original email of Case ID 1440028 (that case is a completely separate issue, but the workspace is the same).
    2. Follow instructions in that email to set up the workspace
    3. Open workspace in NT8 and close all other workspaces
    4. Exit NT8 with that workspace open
    5. Restart NT8.
    6. Hope the bug occurs, if not repeat this. If you still can’t get it to replicate try restarting the PC and then opening NT into that workspace, this almost always seems to do it.

Attached is a sample tracefile from NT8 B8 showing the errors.

Cheers,
    Shane
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ShaneAU; 01-11-2016, 02:49 PM.

Hello Shane,

I am unable to reproduce this on my end

This would indicate the workspace is corrupted or this is being caused by an ad on that is being used in the workspace

You can recreate the workspace one item at a time

If you experience the same, likely the last thing added is the cause
    Christopher S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Christopher,

Thanks for your reply.

This won't be an add-on as I do not use any (although in the trace file I sent through their was a 3rd party indicator). Attached is another tracefile where it happened on startup. On this workspace there were only SMA's and EMA's - nothing else. Also, this issue has happened since long ago when I was testing in a variety of workspaces (attached is a second trace file from November).

This is only ever an issue on start-up. I think it would be strange this would be caused by a corrupt workspace when I can immediately close the workspace and open it and it works fine? Unless NT is corrupting it on starting as It seems like something that goes on when NT is first loading a workspace, although as mentioned in my original post it doesn't always happen - the majority of times everything loads fine.

I just did a search of my trace files, and this error has occured for me in 37 different files since 13 December, which covers many different workspaces.

I also searched in my pre-Beta7 backup folder and it was evident in those files also (again very different workspaces I was experimenting with then) - although interestingly in my trace files from an August backup the issue doesn't appear to be present. The main difference I can think of is back then I wasn't using the Market Analyzer with a list of symbols/symbol link.

Is there anything else that could be experimented with to determine the cause?

Cheers,
      Shane
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello Shane,

I have been unable to reproduce this on my end with your workspace or with a workspace I have created*
        Christopher S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Christopher

I am setting up a new PC today. I will recreate all of my workspaces from scratch including these ones on that new PC and will see if this continues. For me it's not a major issue as I can just close and reopen the workspace, but it would be good to have it fixed if its not an issue specific to my current PC in which case I'll make notes to pass on.

Cheers,
          Shane

Comment

Hi Christopher,

To help further narrow the cause down, could you send me the workspace you created to test this? Then I can see if the errors occur my end using it or not.

Cheers,
            Shane

Comment

I get this as well... On startup

I also get invocation exceptions on start up IF I have a workspace opening at start up.

If I close the workspace, then close NT, then start NT, then open the workspace, no error

I'll get logs and trace files next time

Comment

Originally posted by DaFish View Post
                I get this as well... On startup

I also get invocation exceptions on start up IF I have a workspace opening at start up.

If I close the workspace, then close NT, then start NT, then open the workspace, no error

I'll get logs and trace files next time
                You all are not leaving the other workspaces opened at the same time?? You are sure to close them before exiting/saving?

NT has major issues with multiple workspaces open...

I suspect NT_ChristopherS doesn't have multiple open and you might.

Please report.

Comment

Hi Sledge,

Due to other repeated crashes in NT8 B8 I am now using a very minimal workspace which so far has not had the exception errors discussed in this thread… However when I try and load one of my previous workspaces it will receive the exception errors even if it is the only workspace opening on startup (no other workspaces in background).

The below video shows the NT start process including the errors and then me closing/reopening the workspace which does not produce any errors:

http://screencast.com/t/Bmriuxy0Kx

A couple of other things FYI:
                  1. You may need to zoom out of the screencast to view resolution properly.
                  2. Note the bottom left chart in the video doesn’t have indicators (it should), this is related to the error. The error will not be the same chart all the time, often it throws more errors affecting multiple charts.
                  3. I don't believe the EURCAD error which flashed is related to the other exceptions errors (as this error does not normally happen but has a few times today, maybe it’s due to the weekend)
                  4. It took me 5 attempts at starting Ninjatrader into this workspace to make the errors happen. The first 4 times NT loaded correctly with no exception errors (i.e. the problem, at least for me, is intermittent).
                  5. I have never had this error occur when opening a workspace within NT, it only ever happens on startup.

Attached is the tracefile from the video.

Cheers,
                  Shane
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by ShaneAU; 01-24-2016, 01:05 AM.

Comment

Hi just happened this am on startup.

Target of an invocation error and a render error. These workspaces were running no problem yesterday.

NOTE: I did NOT have a connection started at startup.... maybe this is a key

I just close the workspace, so only the untitled one is open, then closed NT8 B8, then restart NT, and reopen the workspace after it starts.

After restart - with NO connection running again, I had no errors on startup.

I then start Kinetick and no errors again. Everything looks ok.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by Kaledus, Today, 01:29 PM
                    3 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
                    Started by frankthearm, Yesterday, 09:08 AM
                    14 responses
                    0 likes