NT8 multiple strategies; realized and unrealized P&L

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8 multiple strategies; realized and unrealized P&L

With NT8, am I able to get the net realized and unrealized P&L when simultaneously running multiple strategies?

This was not possible with NT7 since each strategy ran independently and only the broker had this information(especially the net P&L of open positions).

Thank you.
    Tony

Hello tony98,

Thanks for your post.

You can get your accounts Unrealized PNL: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...profitloss.htm

You can get the strategy position unrealized PNL: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...profitloss.htm
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the reply Paul.

I see how this works on a per strategy basis, however is I am running multiple strategies concurrently. Is there a way that I could get the sum for all strategies? In NT7 there was no inter-communication between strategies. Does NT8 support this?

For clarification, I would like to make a decision within a particular strategy based on the performance of all current running strategies. Thank you.

Tony

Comment

Originally posted by tony98 View Post
        Thanks for the reply Paul.

I see how this works on a per strategy basis, however is I am running multiple strategies concurrently. Is there a way that I could get the sum for all strategies? In NT7 there was no inter-communication between strategies. Does NT8 support this?

For clarification, I would like to make a decision within a particular strategy based on the performance of all current running strategies. Thank you.

Tony
        Account's PnL, not position's PnL. That would imply the PnL for everything that is running on the account.
        Attached Files

Comment

Hello tony98,

Thanks for your post.

You could always monitor the strategies tab to see the individual strategies realized and unrealized PNL. Regrettably this is not summarized anywhere that I can find.

An alternative, looking by instrument, is to use the Market Analyzer with all of the instruments involved and then adding the columns for unrealized and realized PNL and finally adding the total row. Note: I just tested this and found a bug in NT8 where the total row is not totaling so I have entered a bug report for this.
          Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Koganam. I will take a look at this.

Tony

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Perr0Grande, Today, 08:16 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Perr0Grande  
            Started by elderan, Today, 08:03 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes