Collapse

Feature request: Clone new chart window or chart tab based on an existing one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feature request: Clone new chart window or chart tab based on an existing one

Although one can essentially clone a chart tab by saving it as a template, creating a new tab, and then loading the saved template, that requires several separate steps, and isn't obvious to many users (in my experience.)

And in the case of a chart window with multiple tabs, there's no way to recreate an equivalent chart window in a single step: One would have to save a template for each tab, open a new chart window, add all the equivalent tabs (data series,) and then load all the same templates. That could be a lot of work, and the workflow won't be obvious to many users (especially newbies.)

Related to this would be the ability to move or copy (clone) a chart window from one workspace to another.

Originally posted by strategesis View Post
    Although one can essentially clone a chart tab by saving it as a template, creating a new tab, and then loading the saved template, that requires several separate steps, and isn't obvious to many users (in my experience.)
    Can you elaborate (in case I'm missing something) - How is that different than the existing right click on tab-> "Duplicate to new tab/Duplicate to new window"?

And in the case of a chart window with multiple tabs, there's no way to recreate an equivalent chart window in a single step: One would have to save a template for each tab, open a new chart window, add all the equivalent tabs (data series,) and then load all the same templates. That could be a lot of work, and the workflow won't be obvious to many users (especially newbies.)
    Good suggestion on the single step. It has come up before and I've added your vote to SFT-472

Related to this would be the ability to move or copy (clone) a chart window from one workspace to another.
    I've added your vote to SFT-401.

Thanks for sharing your ideas!
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

"How is that different than the existing right click on tab-> "Duplicate to new tab/Duplicate to new window"?"

It isn't :-) I didn't see those options, because I didn't realize the tabs have their own pop up menus.

Comment

Hi Mathew,

Could you please +1 SFT-472 for me also? This feature would save a lot of time.

Thanks & cheers,
        Shane
        Last edited by ShaneAU; 01-14-2016, 12:52 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by rocketman7, Today, 09:41 AM
        3 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
        Started by traderqz, Today, 09:44 AM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby