Several Error Messages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Several Error Messages

1. I got this message for the first time today: "Unhandled exception: Not enough quota is available to process this command." After I received the message I couldn't close the message box and got a chime sound whenever I clicked in NinjaTrader. NT froze and I needed to re-boot.

2. Whenever I start NT, I receive this message in several different message boxes as the charts are loading: "Unhandled exception. Error has been thrown by the target of an invocation." Some of my templates load and some have to be re-loaded. This is kind of surprising as the templates are virtually the same.

3. Since I uploaded the latest build this week, the bar timer doesn't work on futures charts that are set to RTH; ETH charts work fine. The message that appears in place of the timer is: "Bar timer disabled since the current time is outside session time or chart end date." Message appears during all session hours.

Seeing that messages posted after mine were addressed, I was wondering if this was somehow missed.

Thanks,
    Stephen

Comment

Hello,
      I apologize in delay to the response of your report.
      Please send your log and trace files to investigate the error messages you are receiving. Please send your template files as well so we may test them on our end. Please also specify the templates that are not working.
      You can send these by going to Help> Mail to Support> Select Log and Trace files and Template files.

I have been unable to reproduce the message you are receiving with the bar timer on an RTH chart. Can you further clarify the steps you are using to reproduce this behavior?
      Cody B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

It's been almost a week since I sent the log and trace files. I no longer have the bar counter problem but the "target of an invocation" message is still appearing on start up and several of my GC, ES, NG and YM instruments aren't loading their templates.

Please take a look.

Thanks,
        Stephen

Comment

Hello,
          My apologies on how long this is taking to investigate. I have been trying to reproduce this and have been unable to. I am currently still looking into it.

Comment

Hi Cody & Stephen,

I have also been experiencing the first two error messages mentioned in the original post...

Re the Exception error on starting NT:
            This sounds like the issues which I was having in http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...ad.php?t=81850 but I don’t believe there was any progress on finding a solution. Stephen - if you exit NT8 from a blank workspace, and then start NT into the blank workspace, and from there you open the workspace that normally has the errors, does it load without the errors that way?

Re the freezing and "Unhandled exception: Not enough quota is available to process this command."
            I have also experienced this in a number of workspaces. For me, usually NT will freeze and leave no evidence in the tracefile. But several times when it has frozen this error has been present at the very bottom. I have attached a copy of a report which discusses the freezing issue in 'Part 6' (this covers one way of replicating the freezing, there appears to be many other ways it happens as I've seen in mentioned on the forums before). When combined with the info Stephen has provided this may assist in narrowing down a cause.

Cheers,
            Shane
            Attached Files
            Last edited by ShaneAU; 01-21-2016, 10:30 PM.

Comment

Assertion Failed

Cody, Let me know if you've received all of the files that you asked for from me.
              I also wanted to add that I occasionally get the attached error message when shutting down. I hope this helps.
              Attached Files

Comment

Hello
                I apologize that I have not been able to get this to a state of finished as I have been trying to test this as much as I can. I have received your most recent log files, trace files, and template files. I am unable to reproduce these error messages and crashes that you are receiving with the templates. The templates come up for me when starting up NinjaTrader 8 every time. I am able to run them for hours with out issue. I believe what you are reporting has something to do with something else entirely and I am trying to narrow down what that is currently. It would be helpful if you could send me your workspace files and your NinjaScript files that you are running. You can send these by right clicking on the workspace folder found in (My) Documents> NinjaTrader 8 and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder. Then go to (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 8 and do the same for the bin folder.

In regards to the message that you are receiving "Unhandled exception: Not enough quota is available to process this command." it has come to my attention that this error is typically related to virtual memory with the PC. Please see the following link on Microsofts resolution for this error: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms820778.aspx

In regards to the forex order that you placed where the OrderFilled sound was generated but the postion was not taken I am currently investigatign this further. I see in the log that a position was taken for the AUDUSD at 06:26 your time this morning for a stop market order placed at 0.69727. Can you verify that this is the order you are speaking of?

In regards to the message you receive occasionally when shutting down I am investigating this further.
                Cody B.

Comment

Requested Files Attached

Please find bin and workspace files attached.

The AUDUSD trade is indeed the one I was referring to. I heard the "Order Filled" sound but the position didn't appear.

Thanks, Cody,
                  Stephen
                  Attached Files

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
                  3 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post NinjaTrader_Zachary  
                  Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM