Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

NT8 Alert sound will not play when Horozontal line is crossed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8 Alert sound will not play when Horozontal line is crossed.

Hi,
    Have tried setting up alerts on multiple horizontal lines, EMA, on different chart types and can't get the alert sound to fire off at all.
    Followed the Alerts help file, added alert function, set trigger to any, applied sound file, made sure its enabled, rearm on bar close, have tried with multiple sound files that are included in the sound folder.

Watched price run back and forward over 2 horizontal lines with alerts added, over 5 bars with still no alert triggered. Tried resetting them manually twice also just in case.

How do I fix this so as to get a simple alert sound when a horizontal line is touched or crossed?

Hello TyJack,

Thanks for your post.

Please modify your alert so that the action is to "Show a pop up dialog". Alternatively (or in addition) if you open an Alerts log window (New> Alerts log), do you see alert messages when expected?

Either of the above would indicate that the alert is triggering and then we can focus on the sound.

If the alert is not triggering, please take screenshots of one of the alerts, would need to see the Alerts window Properties and the Conditions window.

Also, to isolate, please set the alert up on a single chart and not in a tabbed chart.
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Paul View Post
      Hello TyJack,

Thanks for your post.

Please modify your alert so that the action is to "Show a pop up dialog". Alternatively (or in addition) if you open an Alerts log window (New> Alerts log), do you see alert messages when expected?

Either of the above would indicate that the alert is triggering and then we can focus on the sound.

If the alert is not triggering, please take screenshots of one of the alerts, would need to see the Alerts window Properties and the Conditions window.

Also, to isolate, please set the alert up on a single chart and not in a tabbed chart.

Hi Paul,

Here are screen shots of all. Set up on a completely separate chart. Still no alert triggered.

Tried with lots of settings. No re-arm, re-arm, if all, if any.

Comment

Hello TyJack,

Thanks for your reply.

Replicating your set-up I also do not get any triggers of the alert. I tried other values besides Ask. I also made sure the drawing snap mode was set to price (or bar and price) so that the line was moved to actual price increments (if you do not snap to price then the line may have a value that would not be exactly equals in the condition).

I will create a bug report on this condition and update this thread when I have more information.

Thanks for your participation in the beta testing of Ninjatrader8.

Comment

Hi TyJack & Paul,

I hit across this post because I'm experiencing exactly the same issues. The price alerts set against a horizontal line don't seem to work. Unlike TyJack, I've had perhaps a 10% success rate. Sometimes when I create a completely new alert it will fire the first time, but not again. Sometimes it will rearm on the next bar (as required) and fire again. I have had no success in using any of my own alert sounds which I placed in the sounds folder however.

Paul - has any progress been made on this? Is there another work around? It's frustrating to miss trades because the alert didn't go off.

Or TyJack - did you come up with any other solutions?

Cheers.

Comment

Hello gordian (and TyJack),

Thanks for your post.

Yes, the issue reported by member TyJack has been resolved and is available in the beta 9 released just yesterday. Please update to release 9.

Comment

Hi Paul,

Just to give you an update from the last week or so (since I've updated to release 9).

The alerts are still not working properly when using drawing objects. Specifically I've been using horizontal lines. When I first add the line and set up an alert it will fire accurately, and sometimes it will work for 2 or 3 'firings', but then it just goes dead. Disabling/enabling the alert doesn't get it to work again, changing the values doesn't work, nor does anything else I've tried.

I'm also still having trouble with some .wav files. Sound files that worked well in NT7 don't work in NT8 for some reason.

My solution to this at the moment has been to set alerts through the 'Market Analyzer' window instead, and do them at a specific price level. This is a more cumbersome method (ie. no right click from the chart, and I can't simply move the horizontal line to move the alert level...), but at least the alert is always firing as it should.

Anyway, just wanted to let you know that it isn't completely solved yet.

Comment

Hello gordian,

Thanks for your update.

Is the alert on a chart in a "tabbed' window and does the alert stop when it is not the active chart?

Does this happen in a new chart in a new workspace?

So I can investigate this, please send in some screenshots of your alert set-up. Send to PlatFormSupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com Atten Paul and a link to this thread.

Alternatively, you can post them here.

I will check to see if there is a difference in the wav file requirements for NT8 and will update this thread when I have that information.

Comment

Originally posted by gordian View Post
                  Hi Paul,

Just to give you an update from the last week or so (since I've updated to release 9).

The alerts are still not working properly when using drawing objects. Specifically I've been using horizontal lines. When I first add the line and set up an alert it will fire accurately, and sometimes it will work for 2 or 3 'firings', but then it just goes dead. Disabling/enabling the alert doesn't get it to work again, changing the values doesn't work, nor does anything else I've tried.

I'm also still having trouble with some .wav files. Sound files that worked well in NT7 don't work in NT8 for some reason.

My solution to this at the moment has been to set alerts through the 'Market Analyzer' window instead, and do them at a specific price level. This is a more cumbersome method (ie. no right click from the chart, and I can't simply move the horizontal line to move the alert level...), but at least the alert is always firing as it should.

Anyway, just wanted to let you know that it isn't completely solved yet.

I just got back to checking the alert function in 8.0.0.9 also. It is not working at all. Did all the same steps as I first did in 8.0.0.8 when I first noted the issue.

This is from today using 8.0.0.9
                  Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

Could I also confirm RE: Alert function. Is the alert function tied to the horizontal lines and once set, the line can be moved (Click and drag) to anywhere else and the alert function should stay intact and working no matter the position that line is moved to?
                  Also, once 1 horizontal line is set up with the alert function, if that horizontal line is duplicated, does the alert set up get duplicated with it also? Or does the user have to set each horizontal alert individually?
                  Currently, when I try to copy/paste a existing horizontal line with a alert supposedly already set up for it, it does not copy the alert for the new horizontal line. Can this function be enabled please? It is very cumbersome to have to set alerts for each and every horizontal line instead of setting 1 horizontal line up as needed with alerts and then duplicating it by copy/paste.

The alert function is not working at all at this stage. Please see screen shot.

Comment

Hello TyJack,

Thanks for your post.

I'm not sure if you had intended but there was no audio in the video.

I will update this thread tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Paul View Post
                      Hello TyJack,

Thanks for your post.

I'm not sure if you had intended but there was no audio in the video.

I will update this thread tomorrow.

Hi Paul, I'm not to sure what audio you are referring to? There was no alarm triggered so therefore no audio of a alarm, I had audio alarm and visual pop up checked so that it would cover more then one base just in case something triggered. There was no alarm triggered, either audio alarm or a visual pop up to signify a alarm had been triggered. The clip was to demonstrate the setup for the alarm settings so that NT are able to replicate the same settings themselves to check if there is a fault.

If it was audio of me talking through what was going on, I don't have a mic to be able to do that.
                      Last edited by TyJack; 03-14-2016, 02:43 PM.

Comment

Hello TyJack,

Thanks for your reply.

We thought we had the issue resolved previously but found that was not the case and worked on the issue in bug report NT8-9365. This morning I just tested this fix and found that it is not completely resolved (alerts continue well after the event) so we have issued a new bug report NT8-9550. I do not know if this will be resolved in time for the next release. (You can check these numbers in the release notes for each release that comes out).

To answer your other questions:
                        1) Yes, when you move the line, the crossover alert will continue functioning and would not need to be rearmed.
                        2) No, when a line is copied, only the line properties are copied.
                        3) Note that you can copy the alert within the alerts editing window and then change to the new line.
                        4) I will submit a feature request to allow for copying drawing objects with alerts.

Comment

Hello TyJack,

Just to update this thread.

Feature Request, "4) I will submit a feature request to allow for copying drawing objects with alerts." has been assigned to SFT-1279.

Thanks again for your suggestion to improve our product.

Comment

I also have the same problem.

Since 2 updates ago, the alerts now only trigger part of the time, not all the time.

I draw a trendline ray or a horizontal line and set an alert, when it crossed, the alert would trigger.

Now, it is 50/50. Sometime it works, sometime it doesn't.

Like I said, it was working fine, 100% of the time, before 0.9 update.

Comment

Hello masterg,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums!

Just to confirm, you are using the beta 10 release?

To assist, please post screenshots of the settings you are using in each of the alerts windows so I can replicate what you are seeing. If you would prefer, please feel free to send into PlatFormSupport[at]NinjaTrader[dot]com with Atten:Paul and a link to this thread.

As a test, can you create a new workspace and a new chart with no templates and recreate the alert. Does the issue occur in a new chart/workspace?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by cmtjoancolmenero, Yesterday, 03:58 PM
                              11 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post cmtjoancolmenero  
                              Started by FrazMann, Today, 11:21 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes