CQG Connection error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CQG Connection error

Trace file shows that CQG is unsuccessfully looking for a file that does not seem to exist on my system.

CQG does connect and seems to work OK. Unless I check the Connect Automatically ON Startup box, which causes crashes if any indicators are using the AddDataSeries method.

Code:
    [SIZE="2"]ERROR [2016-01-16 21:56:41,593] - Unable to read 'C:\Users\RH\AppData\Local\CQG\CQGTrader\NetsConfiguration.ini' file because Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Users\RH\AppData\Local\CQG\CQGTrader\NetsConfiguration.ini'.
    System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Users\RH\AppData\Local\CQG\CQGTrader\NetsConfiguration.ini'.
       at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
       at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
       at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
       at CQG.Trader.DataAccess.Utility.IniFileParser.Read(Func`3 singleLineParseCallback)[/SIZE]

Hello Ricam,
    Thanks for writing in.
    This error is not related and is expected.
    We will test the connect on start up and AddDataSeries on our end then follow up with our findings.
    BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Ricam,

I've tested the situation of auto connecting to CQG and having a chart with an indicator that uses AddDataSeries() method. I've tested on both 32/64 bit versions and have not be able to replicate the crash condition.

Please send us your log and trace files (from the date(s) of the issue) along with an indicator that repeatedly produces the crash condition. To ensure we are able to recreate, please advise the step by step process to do so.

Send all to PlatformSupport[at]Ninjatrader[dot]Com with a subject line that links this thread and atten: Paul

Thank-you for your participation in the Ninjatrader 8 beta testing.
      Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

AddDataSeries crashing with ConnectOnStartup

Make a workspace with a couple of charts using the attached secondary instrument indicator, which should be installed in a sublfolder called SSI under the Indicators folder.

The bridge indicator is not to be added to a chart.

The secondary instrument selection dropdown box will work if the PC you are using has an instrument list called NT7 default. Look at code of bridge indicator, you might want to change the name of the instrument list it gets data from.
        Attached Files

Comment

Hello Ricam,

I've done a number of start-up tests with the conditions you specified (I did change the name of the instrument list to "Futures".) on the CQG connection. I did have one instance where the program was unresponsive. In that instance in the log and trace files: Gui.Chart.ChartPanel.OnRender: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Please let us know if there is something further we can do to assist.
          Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
          6 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post alifarahani  
          Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
          1 response
          0 likes