Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Uninstall not cleaning out settings, workspaces.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uninstall not cleaning out settings, workspaces.

I did uninstall beta-6 before installing beta-8

a) I was unable to uninstall Ninja 8 as long as Ninja 7 was up and running. There shouldn't be a relation between 7 and 8 on the same computer, should it?

b) after sucessfully uninstalling beta-6 and reinstalling beta-8, Ninja 8 started with all my prior NT8-workspaces, settings, connections and configurations. How can I uninstall NT8 completely so I can re-start from scratch?

Originally posted by RonnyKeller View Post
    b) after sucessfully uninstalling beta-6 and reinstalling beta-8, Ninja 8 started with all my prior NT8-workspaces, settings, connections and configurations. How can I uninstall NT8 completely so I can re-start from scratch?
    You would have to manually delete or rename the NT directories: both the installation directory and the user directory.

This is deliberate, and for the exact reason that you see. Many of us prefer not to lose our work when we repair NT by the uninstall/reinstall routine.

I guess maybe, you can ask that the uninstall routine have an option to delete all NT data, which can be specified by the user, as that is clearly a viable want/need in some cases, such as you state.

Comment

Deleting data and settings should not be the default behavior of uninstalling.

Comment

Hello RonnyKeller,

Thanks for the post.

Koganam is correct in the behavior of what happens during an uninstall of NinjaTrader.

Please follow the steps listed below to completely uninstall and reinstall NinjaTrader.
        • Close all running applications.
        • Uninstall NinjaTrader within Windows Control Panel.
        • Then manually delete the folder 'NinjaTrader 8' located under Start> My Documents.
        • Delete any NinjaTrader installation files. (This can be done by going to Start> My Computer> Search button> search for: NinjaTrader* > select Local C Disk and then press 'Search'.
        • Then you will need to clear your internet browser cache and history. You will clear this from within your internet browser (with IE, Tools-->Options, delete cookies and files, clear history).
        • Reboot your machine.
        • Once these steps are completed, download NT8 from the link below.

Thanks,

Patrick S.
        Patrick S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Any chance that there could be a check box during the uninstall that can be checked if we want a complete NT8 uninstall?

Its default should be unchecked and a deliberate choice if users want everything gone.

Comment

Hello TyJack,

I have submitted this as a Feature Request on your behalf to the Development team. This request will be considered by the Development team as an addition in future releases.

Thanks for your input!
            Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by RideMe, 04-07-2024, 04:54 PM
            6 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post RideMe
            by RideMe

Started by tkaboris, Today, 05:13 PM