problem open script with visual studio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

problem open script with visual studio

hi, i press button Open Project in Visual Studio and i not see loading script in visual studio
    I See this message :

There was a mismatch between the processor architecture of the project being built "MSIL" and the processor architecture of the reference "PresentationCore", "x86". This mismatch may cause runtime failures. Please consider changing the targeted processor architecture of your project through the Configuration Manager so as to align the processor architectures between your project and references, or take a dependency on references with a processor architecture that matches the targeted processor architecture of your project.
    NinjaTrader.Custom

How i solve it?
    (i try it in other computer and give me a same error)
    Last edited by turbofib; 01-17-2016, 01:02 PM.

Hello,

Thank you for the question.

When opening the Visual Studio solution, the file being edited in the NS editor would not be opened automatically, you would just need to open it using the solution explorer in Visual Studio. The button in the editor mainly just Opens and links Visual Studio and NinjaTrader so it can be used as a syntax editor.

The warning you have noted would also only be a warning. Visual studio may pick up additional warnings that do not show up in the NinjaScript editor, this would be expected and normal the items listed would not nessasarliy be relevant to NinjaTrader and how it preforms. any warnings/errors specific to your code you may instead need to resolve.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

ok..thank for your answer....
      Then i must open with Open===> File ==>NameFile.cs ... is Correct?

If i use Open==> project solution i don't know where is the solution in Ninjatrader

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the question.

No this would not be correct, using the Button from NinjaTraders NinjaScript editor would be the supported and correct way to open the NinjaTrader solution. Visual studio would open the NinjaTrader solution but not a document, from this point you would need to navigate using Visual Studio's solution explorer to the file you want to open and double click it.

The Solution Explorer would be in Visual Studio, this is a very common item in Visual Studio used for browsing the files that are in the solution you are editing. If you need further assistance in setting up or using Visual Studio in general I would suggest reviewing the Visual Studio documentation through Microsoft here: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/lib...(v=vs.90).aspx

You can find the solution explorer in the View menu in visual studio, it is the first option. It also may already be open, it may just be pinned or just minimized to one of the sides, again I would suggest reviewing the general UI usage from Microsoft's documentation for this subject.

Comment

Ok.....i've try it to do an example :

I open an indicator exist...T3.cs ...i press button VIsual studio ...and i see that:

what I open it to read that project ?

It ask me name of file....what i write to load it?

Comment

Hello,

It does not matter if you open or do not open a document in the NinjaScript editor, the steps to use the visual studio solution would be:
            1. press the button to open Visual Studio
            2. use Visual studio's solution explorer to open a document for editing.

Per the image you have attached, you have already opened the visual studio solution and you can see the solution explorer on the right of the image. Now you would only need to use the Solution Explorer to open a file, not the File -> Open. The File -> Open menu is not used at all in Visual Studio when using NinjaTraders solution, all files would need to be opened using the Solution Explorer from Visual Studio.

I have attached an image highlighting how to tell if you have a solution open, also where the solution explorer is. Again this is not something NinjaTrader would document on use, this is general Visual Studio use which you can find tutorials for using Google or other search engines. Here is one tutorial found using Google you could use to learn how to use the solution explorer: http://nlpdotnet.com/vstutorials/SolutionWindow.aspx

If you have not used Visual Studio before and are intending on using it for syntax editing in NinjaTrader, I would first suggest learning Visual Studio and its basic uses outside of NinjaTrader before using it with NinjaTrader as this can over complicate the coding process. Visual studio is a powerful tool which can be used with NinjaTrader, but without prior knowledge of how to use visual studio it can prove very troublesome to use.

Attached Files

Comment

ok..I understant..

Thank to be patient

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by kempotrader, Today, 08:56 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes