Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Put an instrument to InstrumentSelector in code

Hello Support --

How can I put an Instrument to InstrumentSelector in code of my script?
    What are the metods or any ideas?

The other question is what is the method to reload historical data?

I'm using 1440 minutes chart for dayly timeframe and each day on the morning I have to "Ctrl+Shift+R" for all my instruments in the list to correct displaying of the previous day.

I want to write a script wich will reload all historical data when the instrument loade the first time.

Regards.

Hello alex_bbfg,

Thanks for your post.

When you create a chart you have access to the instrument selector. When you apply a strategy you have access to an instrument selector. Can you clarify where you are trying to use an instrument selector and a bit about the conditions?

You should not need to reload your historical bars under normal working conditions. Whom are you connected to for a datafeed? What version of Ninjatrader 8 are you using (Help>About). Do you see any errors listed in your log and trace files related to the historical data server or your normal connection?

There is a script method for reloading historical bars however it is from an AddOn, here is a link to the helpguide: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...oricaldata.htm
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Paul --

Thank you for the reply

here is my other post with the video of my script idea

well I have a custome button on a chart which content is an instrument name from my list. I'd like to put Instrument name from the button content to the chart instrument selector. So the chart changes its data series and display me other instrument.

It is just more comfortable chart instrument selector. Actualy I'd like to have mouse wheel to scroll anstruments instead of clik, but did not find the methods for the wheel event. Could you please advise me how to use the wheel.

Many thanks for the method of historical data update.

Regards.

Comment

Hello alex_bbfg,

Thanks for your reply.

Regrettably what you are looking for is not entirely possible. We are tracking interest in this and I will add your vote for programmatically changing instruments.

Our documentation does not address Mouse wheel events. Here is a link to an MSDN on the subject: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/lib...v=vs.110).aspx
        Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
        4 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post DynamicTest  
        Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
        4 responses
        0 likes