Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8 not saving chart setup correctly

Hi,
    Trialing NT8 now and running into a few problems.

1 - Have set up charts with horizontal lines plotted and have them all set to show on ALL charts of the same instrument. Have saved the setup. When I then open up a new chart later on it is sometimes not plotting these same horizontal lines that are clearly showing on every other chart of the same instrument and these lines are ALL set to plot on ALL charts of that instrument.

2 - Have saved charts as a work space for my core set up so that I can then start trialing 3rd party indicators on it. When I go into save as so I can save a separate copy of the same work-space to then make alterations to it, its ending up saving nothing like what it is meant to save. It ends up just odd random saved charts that have been open previously but are not open at the time of saving as the new work-space.
    If I apply the 3rd party indicators 1st then go to save as and rename the work-space, when I try to open it up again it has lost all the horizontal lines from the core setup it was all built on and sometimes lost some charts altogether.

I have repeatedly tried saving the horizontal lines on the charts in the saved work-spaces and it repeatedly looses them. I have tried saving, then saving, then saving again to triple check that it is saved and when it opens up later on the lines have disappeared.

It makes no sense as the old lines at the price levels from yesterday are still there but the new lines for today's price levels refuse to stay saved. When it opens up it keeps reloading the old lines.

Here is a short clip showing what is happening now. Deleted ALL the work-spaces, opened up a completely new work-space and opened up charts. Now ALL horizontal lines that look like I have ever drawn since starting NT8 are on the chart.

Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

That's with Options: General: Preferences: Global Drawing Objects Across workspaces - Checked.

Previous attempts had been with this not checked.

How are we supposed to save a workspace and then using that same workspace, check Save as and rename it a different name and keep all the workspace setup that is on it? Whenever I try to do this, after closing NT8 and reopening it again, all the horizontal lines are either moved or disappear and everything is changed on the new workspace that was generated with the Save as function.

And why after deleting ALL the old saved workspaces does it still plot all the old horizontal lines from the deleted workspaces on a brand new separate chart/workspace build?

Comment

Hello,
      Thank you for your post. I am currently testing this on my end and investigating further.
      Cody B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Cody,
        Here is some more clips showing what is still happening.

Had everything set up on one work-space, then went and saved a backup copy using "save as", never shut down NT8, then when I tried to work on that copy the following happened - Any horizontal line that had already been on the chart before the "save as", would either disappear when clicked on, disappear when I tried to copy -> paste a new line from the old line, or the old line would stay visible but the new copy -> paste line would not appear.
        Also, if the previously existing line was grabbed and tried to be moved, it would disappear.

It seems to happen randomly. I have tried to replicate it again using the same steps and it has worked fine.
        I'm at a complete loss as to why it randomly does this.

Regards

Comment

NT8 Freezing again.

Horizontal lines missing after crash and restart

Horizontal lines missing after crash and restart on multiple saves of work-spaces.

Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

After spending over 1 1/2hrs marking out charts with the lines required, NT8 crashed again. Loosing everything.

As of this time, I have no platform. NT8 crashes and/or wont save charts/work-spaces. NT7 is frozen solid for hours at a time with anything more then 2 bare charts and maybe 1 or 2 inbuilt indicators.

yay

Comment

Hello,
            I have not seen this behavior during my testing and try to reproduce this.
            Can you send your me your workspace, template, log and trace folders?
            You can do this by zipping them (right click on folder > send to> Compress(zipped) folder ) and attach them to an email sent to platformsupport[AT]ninjatrader[DOT]com.
            In the body of the email please put a link to this thread: http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...854#post445854
            Cody B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Issue and Bug Reports Report NinjaTrader 8 Beta issues and bugs you encounter here.

I am having the same issue with drawn lines going missing after a restart.

I am on NT8 latest version 8.0.0.10 64-bit - BETA

Any resolution to this issue?

Comment

Originally posted by TCYSNJ992 View Post
                I am having the same issue with drawn lines going missing after a restart.

I am on NT8 latest version 8.0.0.10 64-bit - BETA

Any resolution to this issue?

I'm still getting NT8.0.0.10 crashing, errors and other. Not sure what or why. Have gone back to NT7 as NT can only have NT7 or NT8 running one at a time on a computer.

Best you can do is copy all your log, trace and workspace files generated from before each crash or error and keep a copy of them ready to send to NT support when they reply back to you. Try and replicate the issue and screen shot it happening (Jing or similar) so that NT support can then replicate the issue so that they can find the fault.

I have not retested the "all charts" function on a horizontal line disappearing yet in 8.0.0.10 because it crashed yesterday during market and I switched back to NT7.

Comment

Same here...
                  I'm back to NT7...

Hope they fix the bugs soon...

Comment

Originally posted by TCYSNJ992 View Post
                    Same here...
                    I'm back to NT7...

Hope they fix the bugs soon...

Please spend a little time documenting the fault and getting NT support to look into it. The more people that do this, the bigger picture from multi approaches they can get of the issue and hopefully resolve it quicker.

The more feed back from testers, the quicker all the faults should be found and fixed up.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by bmartz, Today, 09:30 AM
                    2 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post bltdavid  
                    Started by f.saeidi, Today, 11:02 AM
                    1 response
                    0 likes
                    Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH