NT8 B8 charts have stopped working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8 B8 charts have stopped working

I'm not getting movement on the six NT8 charts I have running. I use bar timers and they say "bar timer disabled since the current time is outside session time or chart end date." End date is set for today. I haven't made any changes to charts prior to this problem. I shut down, restarted and created new charts to know avail.

It appears this is only an issue with ICE products, specifically in my case the DX an TF; when I switch to a CME product the charts work fine. I am connected to two data providers, Rithmic and Ninja Continuum and they aren't having any issues with data. Also price on the SuperDom appears correct. Did Ninja make any changes on their servers for the ICE products?

Please advise.
    Last edited by Pirsqard; 01-20-2016, 01:37 PM.

Update

Oddly enough it appears that although the session hours match the ICEUS session hours, the Ipe European Futures session template, which is by NT8 default the session template that the ICEUS products are assigned, simply stopped working.

I created a new session template for ICEUS products, reassigned the TF and DX to the new template via the instrument properties dialog box, then reloaded all historical data via a right click on one chart of each instrument, and now everything works.

I would be curious to know though: did you make a change on your servers in regards to the Ipe European Futures session template?

Another question also: is it possible to import holiday sessions into a custom created session template?

Please advise.

Comment

I had the same problem. I noticed the database updates for instruments and etc wan't working today. My guess something is up on their side. My TF charts died at 10:30 CST today. I'm using IQFeed.

Comment

Originally posted by GrumpyTrader View Post
        I had the same problem. I noticed the database updates for instruments and etc wan't working today. My guess something is up on their side. My TF charts died at 10:30 CST today. I'm using IQFeed.
        Yea, exactly the same time mine died: 8:30 am PST. But creating the new session template resolved it.

Comment

To confirm are you now receiving data successfully?
          Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I am receiving updates now but I still have a gap in data between 10:30 am CST yesterday and 7:00pm CST yesterday when using the default session template. Reloading data does not fix it.

Comment

Yes, I am receiving live data and all historical data has reloaded (no gap from yesterday), as per my post above. However I continue to use my custom template for the ICEUS products. I have not retried the default template.

Comment

I am receiving updates now but I still have a gap in data between 10:30 am CST yesterday and 7:00pm CST yesterday when using the default session template. Reloading data does not fix it.
                yep.. yep.. TF charts started to update again after last nights session break.. but gap in data on charts still from 10:30cst yesterday like grumpy mentioned..

What was a bit strange, is that data was still coming in on the dom, and that was functioning just fine, while at the same time, the charts just stopped updating..

-=Edge=-
                NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - High Tech Trading Analysis

Comment

Edge and GrumpyTrader can you please tell me what data provider you are connected to within NinjaTrader.

Comment

Hi Christopher,
                    I'm using IQFeed

Comment

This appears to be due to the MLK Holidays date and time being applied to the Trading hours template. Our development team is currently looking into this issue and updating this file. I will follow up once I receive notification that this has been resolved.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by JonesJoker, 04-22-2024, 12:23 PM
                      8 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post JonesJoker  
                      Started by timko, Today, 06:45 AM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes