Collapse

screenshot share

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes Dave, please write up this request. To clarify, the ability to programatically select the tab (to make visible) belonging to the chart running the indicator. This would be a nice feature for many more applications other that just screenshotting, e.g as an alert style for the trader etc.

Although i am not an experienced developer, I really thought it should be possible to render the chart to a memory stream even though it is not visible. As you said the information is there, should it not just be a case of re-diverting the rendering to a steam as opposed to the screen?

If i open each chart up in an individual window your script is able to render the chart image to a memory stream even though it it may be overlapped by another chart/window. So the process here is not taking a screenshot as much as it is copying the render that exists in the window. The only difference here is we want to do this with a tab in a window rather that just a window itself.

Just thinking out loud now. Hopefully we can get a solution here!

I look forward to hearing more about this. Cheers.
    -

Comment

Thanks for expanding on that a bit. I'll write up that suggestion now, so we can begin to track user demand for making this change. (SFT-1172)
      Dave I.NinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Hello music_p13,

It's possible to see if the selected tab is the visible tab. It may also be possible to loop through the tabs to see which tab is visible.

Below is a link to an example that checks to see if the current tab is the visible tab.
        https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...07#post1124507
        Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by bowling, Today, 06:16 AM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_ShawnB  
        Started by systemtrader4, Today, 01:54 AM
        1 response