Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

NT8 constantly crashing!! Connection to IS lost...??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8 constantly crashing!! Connection to IS lost...??

Is anyone else having this same issue?

Lucky to get it to run for 1hr without it crashing and needing to shut down and restart. It is happening randomly with different charts, set up, indicators, drawn objects.

Is this NT8 itself or is there something else I should be trying to narrow it down?

Went into the Log folder and there is repeatedly the same thing:

Connection to IS lost

Seems ever log file has the same thing near the end of the file.

Hi TyJack,

I've seen the same 'Connection to IS lost' message with some other users this morning. We're investigating issues with the IS server, and I'll update this thread when I have some more information for you.
    <span class="name">Alex C.</span><span class="title">NinjaTrader Customer Service</span><iframe name="sig" id="sigFrame" src="/support/forum/core/clientscript/Signature/signature.php" frameborder="0" border="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-style: none;width: 100%; height: 120px;"></iframe>

Comment

I have been getting this error message in my logs as well....(have no idea what it is)

Comment

Hi TyJack, photog53,

The IS server has been rerouted to another set of hardware. Restart your NT8 platforms for that change to take effect. You should no longer see that error appear.
        <span class="name">Alex C.</span><span class="title">NinjaTrader Customer Service</span><iframe name="sig" id="sigFrame" src="/support/forum/core/clientscript/Signature/signature.php" frameborder="0" border="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-style: none;width: 100%; height: 120px;"></iframe>

Comment

Thanks...doesn't sound like it was a real problem...but you never know until you report it

Comment

Thanks. Will check it out

Comment

I have been getting this message at 5 minute intervals today.... "Connection to IS lost" what does it mean?

Comment

Hi marty087,

That would indicate that you lost connection to the IS server, which is the server that distributes in-product announcements.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_AlexC View Post
                  Hi marty087,

That would indicate that you lost connection to the IS server, which is the server that distributes in-product announcements.

By in-product announcements do you mean Ninjatrader announcements?

If that's the case, why does it crash NT8 off the data connection and it can't keep following the data from the markets? Surely these 2 things are not interconnected?

Maybe I'm not understanding what you mean....

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by rtwave, 04-12-2024, 09:30 AM
                  5 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                  Started by funk10101, Today, 12:02 AM
                  1 response
                  0 likes
                  Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH