• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NinjaTrader_Matthew
    replied
    Originally posted by Trader_55 View Post
    NT Support staff,

Have you been able to answer the question yet as to whether NT8 has a rewritten adapter for connecting to FXCM, or is it using the same code? If it is the same code, then NT 8 will experience the same connection issues that we are seeing with NT 7. Please advise...
    thanks!
    All Adapters have been re written from scratch, and we are on the latest API's as of the development of those adapters.

We do know of an API limitation where a disconnect event isn't reported for 90 seconds. This was true in NT7 and remains true in the new NT8 adapter as well.

I do not know of any issues that could cause the application to crash as a result of FXCM adapter alone. Do you have any reference numbers on support cases you have used to report these issues?

If you can help us identify specifically what is occurring, we can let you know if it is something addressed, but simply 're-writing' the adapter likely isn't enough to help if there is an issue you're running into that we're unable to reproduce.

Since you constantly see issues as your first post indicates, I'm sure our support staff could help identify the source of this problem as you also state it only happens with NinjaTrader. You could also run NinjaTrader 7 and NinjaTrader 8 at the same time as a test for yourself to see if there are any improvements in terms of your own personal experience.

Leave a comment:

• Trader_55
    replied
    NT Support staff,

Have you been able to answer the question yet as to whether NT8 has a rewritten adapter for connecting to FXCM, or is it using the same code? If it is the same code, then NT 8 will experience the same connection issues that we are seeing with NT 7. Please advise...
    thanks!

Leave a comment:

• radicaltrader
    replied
    Hi Trader
    I tried a new VPS today..... same problem with the connection drops out with NO notification.
    Can NT be used with any other brokers in Australia?

Leave a comment:

• radicaltrader
    replied
    Its a pity IB FX is no-longer available in Australia. NT7 worked perfectly with IB.

Leave a comment:

• Trader_55
    replied
    Originally posted by radicaltrader View Post
    After reading other threads... the current status is FXCM says its a NT issue and NT says its an FXCM issue.
    It's obviously an issue between both of them. FXCM's basic feed is fine, there is nothing wrong with it because the other platforms (web + java) are working 100% OK. Therefore, there is something wrong with the way that FXCM's data is communicating with NinjaTrader.

NT support, how about we prioritize this and make sure that FXCM is tradeable with your software? Right now you can't use a platform that crashes and/or disconnects multiple times a day. Also still waiting on a response to hear if the code was rewritten for NT 8... if not, you are going to have these same issues when you launch, so you might as well fix it now.

Leave a comment:

• radicaltrader
    replied
    After reading other threads... the current status is FXCM says its a NT issue and NT says its an FXCM issue.

Leave a comment:

• radicaltrader
    replied
    NT7 drops the FXCM connection (stays Green) a couple of time a day.... I have spent many hours trying to resolve the problem with no success.

I'm using a VPS so the connection should be the best.

Leave a comment:

• Trader_55
    replied
    Sounds like this issue is not just my system. It has been getting worse the past couple of weeks, before that it would only happen intermittently now it's a few times a day. Is this also happening to anyone using NT 8?

Leave a comment:

• Trader_55
    replied
    Originally posted by radicaltrader View Post
    Im having the same issues with FXCM. (FX)
    Just to be clear, are you having these same FXCM issues on NT 7, or NT 8?

Leave a comment:

• radicaltrader
    replied
    Im having the same issues with FXCM. (FX)

Leave a comment:

• Trader_55
    started a topic NT8 and FXCM

NT8 and FXCM

I am wondering... has the internal connection code/adapter been rewritten in NT8 for connecting to FXCM? With NinjaTrader 7 I am experiencing multiple times a day where the data literally just freezes with no warning, at least for CFDs (I haven't checked with currencies).

The FXCM servers themselves are fine, since the FXCM native trading app and their web app continue to work just fine and have no problems streaming data. This is an issue with Ninjatrader only. In addition, once or twice a day the platform just crashes, when connected to FXCM.

So, question:

1. Is NT 8 using this same code, or has it been rewritten? (To be answered by NT support staff.)

2. Can anyone comment on the performance of NT8 with FXCM? (Comments from beta testers welcome.)

Thanks!

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by MacDad, 02-25-2024, 11:48 PM
7 responses
0 likes
Last Post loganjarosz123  
Started by Belfortbucks, Today, 09:29 PM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post Belfortbucks