Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_MichaelM View Post
    Hello sledge,

Having attempted to test this in several different ways including using your strategy, the video you provided, and your most recent message, I have not been able to reproduce this behavior. With that being said, I do not have the playback data necessary to recreate your tests exactly.

To make sure we are on the same page and to ensure timely resolution from this point, would you mind recreating using current market replay data (w/dates < 1 month ago) and providing specific steps to reproduce? .
    I have some new insight as of this morning.

If I create a chart AFTER connecting to Playback-MR, it produces the text/plot markers.

Any chart that is there BEFORE connecting to Playback-MR, such as the last workspace - there are no text/plot markers.

I even see this with chart trader.

The only other thing is this machine has no historical data, only replay data, using @SIM key.

Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

The chart on the left was from the workspace, the chart on the right was created after playback connection and after the trade on the left failed.

edit: downloaded a weeks worth of NT8 Market Replay data - that made no difference. Creating the chart after connecting to playback made no difference. Also tried 32 bit. Same thing. Did all testing in 100% display size - and that made no difference either.
    Last edited by sledge; 04-09-2016, 10:19 AM.

Comment

Hello sledge,

Having attempted to test this in several different ways including using your strategy, the video you provided, and your most recent message, I have not been able to reproduce this behavior. With that being said, I do not have the playback data necessary to recreate your tests exactly.

To make sure we are on the same page and to ensure timely resolution from this point, would you mind recreating using current market replay data (w/dates < 1 month ago) and providing specific steps to reproduce? If not reproducible with SampleMACrossOver strategy, also please include a test strategy. If requires older market replay data, please include that as well.

I did a complete removal of NT8 in Program Files(renamed to NT8_B10), I renamed my most recent folder in My Documents/NinjaTrader 8. So completely clean install.

Downloaded Beta10 fresh. It offered to repair/remove. So I did a remove. (Forgot to delete "Ninjatrader 8 Backup" folder.

I ran installer again, it installed.

Started NT8.

Created an ES 06-16 chart ( 3 minute) , tabs enabled by default. Saved my workspace as "test1"

Went to tools->import historical data->downloaded 1 day of ES replay data, 04/04/2016.

Connected to playback-MR.

Attached default Sample MA crossover strategy to the chart with defaults.

Hit play, went no faster than 1000x.

Then I realized I forgot to enabled the strategy. So I enabled it, the previous trades filled in, but then even still - going forward - the most recent trade (Buy) is not on the chart. I turned on chart trader hidden only to show there is a position open.

Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

My drivers are pretty up to date.

I haven't seen any difference when using "Intel HD graphics" vs Nvidia.
      (Although when I do try to run with Integrated graphics - the Nvidia tray item keeps reporting NT8 is running with the Quadro.

This is Windows 7 64 bit.

As a world leading gaming brand, MSI is the most trusted name in gaming and eSports. We stand by our principles of breakthroughs in design, and roll out the amazing gaming gear like motherboards, graphics cards, laptops and desktops.

This has all windows updates installed except anything related to Win10 upgrades.

I did one more test - the "Create the chart AFTER connecting to replay" (which worked with chart trader). It did not work here.

Aero desktop stuff is enabled until I start taking screen images with JING. Then I get bumped to Win7 Basic mode.

I'll run a clean test on my desktop.
      Last edited by sledge; 04-10-2016, 10:31 AM.

Comment

Desktop test - Failed with clean install of everything.

Nvidia 780TI, same driver version, Windows 7, same level of updates, intel i5820k home built machine.

I didn't even go over 100x. Same steps as before.

Order filled and not on chart.

Display resolution 2560x1600 (native) at 100% sizing with dual link DVI connector to Dell U3011.

*Retested laptop at 1920x1080 resolution with 100% sizing. Same results.
        Last edited by sledge; 04-10-2016, 11:03 AM.

Comment

Hello sledge,

Thank you for providing the significant additional information.

I was able to reproduce with these two key factors: Opening the chart before connecting to playback and enabling the strategy through the strategies tab of the control center as playback was playing.

This issue is being tracked in #9670 and will likely be resolved for B11.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
          Michael M.NinjaTrader Quality Assurance

Comment

Hello sledge,

Thank you for providing the significant additional information.

I was able to reproduce with these two key factors: Opening the chart before connecting to playback and enabling the strategy through the strategies tab of the control center as playback was playing.

This issue is being tracked in #9670 and will likely be resolved for B11.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
            So far, so good.

Defect
            Playback
            Playback plot executions do not show until the trade is completed

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by TheWhiteDragon, 01-21-2019, 12:44 PM
            5 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB