NT 8 not ready for prime time.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT 8 not ready for prime time.

Amazes me that people can work on a program for so many years and still not get it right. Clearly, more resources were devoted to setting up the brokerage services than doing the platform programming.

When they say, "Beta," they mean Beta. Maybe my grandchildren will live to see a stable NT 8--I think my kids are already too old!

Traders, be careful out there!

I've been sending CodyB exception error reports for two weeks and I just get an occasional message that he's trying to duplicate the errors.
    http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/forum/showthread.php?t=81963&goto=newpost

CodyB, I'm going to send you up a new batch of logs because the problems are getting worse. I save my workspaces often but I can't seem to keep up with the crashes. Additionally, this morning I placed a Forex sim trade, received an "Order Filled" verbally, but no position. The order is reported but uncancellable on the orders screen.

Email Support Issue

I just sent the log, trace, and template files through the Email Support tool in NT 8.

As always, I first receive an email telling me that my email was undeliverable. I then receive an email telling me that my email was received and a ticket number issued.

Cody, please let me know if you received all three files.

Thanks,
    Stephen

Comment

Please forgive me for being rude.

It's just that it takes me awhile to re-install the crashed templates every morning, and when the whole NT system crashes and I haven't done a recent save, it's quite frustrating.

Comment

Hello
        I apologize that I have not been able to get this to a state of finished as I have been trying to test this as much as I can. I have received your most recent log files, trace files, and template files. I am unable to reproduce these error messages and crashes that you are receiving with the templates. The templates come up for me when starting up NinjaTrader 8 every time. I am able to run them for hours with out issue. I believe what you are reporting has something to do with something else entirely and I am trying to narrow down what that is currently. It would be helpful if you could send me your workspace files and your NinjaScript files that you are running. You can send these by right clicking on the workspace folder found in (My) Documents> NinjaTrader 8 and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder. Then go to (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 8 and do the same for the bin folder.

In regards to the message that you are receiving "Unhandled exception: Not enough quota is available to process this command." it has come to my attention that this error is typically related to virtual memory with the PC. Please see the following link on Microsofts resolution for this error: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms820778.aspx

In regards to the forex order that you placed where the OrderFilled sound was generated but the postion was not taken I am currently investigatign this further. I see in the log that a position was taken for the AUDUSD at 06:26 your time this morning for a stop market order placed at 0.69727. Can you verify that this is the order you are speaking of?

In regards to the message you receive occasionally when shutting down I am investigating this further.
        Cody B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_CodyB View Post

In regards to the message that you are receiving "Unhandled exception: Not enough quota is available to process this command." it has come to my attention that this error is typically related to virtual memory with the PC. Please see the following link on Microsofts resolution for this error: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms820778.aspx
          Maybe low on disk space too.

Comment

Originally posted by sledge View Post
            Maybe low on disk space too.
            Virtual memory is hard disk space.

Comment

Just to chime in...

If you are using Virtual Memory, you likely do not have enough RAM on your PC. You might consider taking a look at that, it would significantly increase performance.
              RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi guys,

My feeling is the quota error being thrown in NT 8 is not due to a lack of available memory/RAM. When I first received my freezing issue (discussed in sgordet’s original thread and the attached PDF’s, Part 6) I had that same error thrown. Someone pointed me to a thread in these forums referring to the virtual memory and windows page size. Even though I had 11GB of available RAM free at the time (total 16GB on the PC) I doubled the size of the windows paging file to see if this would help and it still threw the same crash and freeze a few moments later.

I had been working with an NT8 third party developer at the time and he got the same error using the workspace I sent him, even though he had removed all of my own indicators and added just a couple of his. I understand his PC had 24GB of RAM and plenty spare also.

EDIT: I should probably add that I was using Windows 10 and developer Windows 7.

Hope that helps.
                Cheers,
                Shane
                Attached Files
                Last edited by ShaneAU; 01-27-2016, 03:33 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by bill2023, Yesterday, 08:51 AM
                8 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post bill2023  
                Started by yertle, Today, 08:38 AM
                6 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post ryjoga