Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8 B8 FXCM Server Side OCO

Hello,

I tried making OCO today on my live NT Brokerage FXCM account - and OCO server side didn't work.

In Connections Settings I unchecked Local OCO simulation.
    Restarted NT.
    I opened short position, then sent buy limit and buy stop OCO orders. Then I shut-down NT.
    I then opened FXCM mobile and so that one of the orders was marked as OCO.

However, once my buy stop got hit - my buy limit order wasn't cancelled.

Can you please confirm whether OCO Server side should work / is working with NT8 B8.

I can send Excel export with orders and maybe tracing log as well..

Thanks

Hello,
    Server Side OCO functionality should work with a NInjaTrader FXCM connection.
    In the log and trace files I am not seeing any orders placed with OCO though.
    Can you confirm what time this order was placed and the OCO ID you have for it? This can be found in the Orders Tab of the Control Center under the OCO column for the order.
    I look forward to your reply.
    Cody B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Cody,

The OCO ID is Oco='d1a836ccdbcc4f3283cf040336c37d60'

It is on lines 38-44 in the excel spreadsheet that you should have received (which is a log export).

Order was sent at 16:28 est.

Thanks

Comment

Hello Cody,

Do you have any updates on FXCM side OCO orders?
        I was able to reproduce same issue again on live FXCM account.

I submitted 2 limit orders - they had same OCO ID. I checked them on FXCM mobile app and noticed only one of them had "OCO" while the other one didn't - and so when one order filled the other one didn't get cancelled (I submitted orders from Chart Trader). In my FXCM connection settings the local simulation OCO checkbox is unchecked.

I haven't tested yet, but wonder is submitting unmanaged OCO orders from strategy will produce same result...

Thanks

Comment

Hello,
          I have tested this on my end using a strategy and an ATM strategy and I am seeing that the OCO server side functionality is working correctly.
          If you are submitting these orders through a strategy please attach your strategy or a more simplified version of the strategy that reproduces the matter. You can export a strategy by going to Tools> Export> NinjaScript > Select your Strategy > Press Export
          Cody B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Cody,

I reproduced same server-side OCO issue with Beta 9 on real account when orders submitted from NT Chart Trader and they show up as just 1 OCO leg in FXCM TradeStation after shutting down NT and opening TradeStation (sent an email with logs/screenshots).
            Will wait for feedback.

Thanks

Comment

There does appear to be an OCO issue with NT8 (beta 12) when used on an FXCM demo account.

I have set up both NT7 and NT8 with FXCM logins and with OCO functionality disabled on my PC.

If I manually enter a trade at market (using chart trader) without using an ATM on NT7 I can see this filled order appear on FXCM's Trading Station. If I then right click the chart trader area and enable OCO I can then set OCO profit target and stop loss orders and these both appear on FXCM's Trading Station. When either the profit target or stop is hit the opposite order is cancelled as expected on both FXCM's Trading Station and NT7.

If I repeat the above with NT8 only one side of the OCO order transfers to FXCM whilst both are visible on NT8. If I manually move these orders around on chart trader I can get the missing order to appear on FXCM's Trading Station. It would appear that if FXCM's site does not register one side of the OCO then when an exit is triggered the opposing side does not cancel on NT8. I have been able to reproduce this several times. It would appear that after a manual trade entry only the first entered part of the subsequent OCO initially transfers across to FXCM. The second part of the OCO does not transfer across until you manually shift its position on the chart. If FXCM's site does not register one part of the OCO then that order remains on NT8 after the trade exits which is a dangerous situation. If one is not watching FXCM's Trading Station there appears to be no way of knowing whether the two parts of an OCO order have transferred across.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
              4 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post DJ888
              by DJ888

Started by terofs, Today, 04:18 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes