Disable Strategy Enable button request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disable Strategy Enable button request

So last night the HDS went down for the second time in a couple of months.

When it goes down, I usually don't notice it and when I go to turn on my strategies, they obviously don't work. Still clueless as to what the problem is and waiting for the strategy to turn on in my chart, I go back in the Strategies dialog and find my strategy blown away.

Gone.

Poof. Just like that.

For no apparent reason. All I did was check the Enable button and then click OK. That's what deleted my strategy?? Really?

Except I'm sure there's a reason. Still clueless as to what just happened, I shut down my platform and restart it. Now I see in the log that I'm not connecting to the HDS server. I also see in my Strategies page that all but two of my strategies (out of eight) are blown away. Gone. I didn't delete them but maybe there was some glitch that caused the program to delete them when I tried to start one, not knowing I'd never be able to because the data server was down.

Would it be too much to ask to disable the Enable button when you can't connect to the data server so that I don't accidentally do that again? There are apparently quite a few quirks that cause my strategies to disappear and you guys can never reproduce any of them. So it seems to me, making it so we don't go anywhere near any rabbit holes might be a prudent course of action.

Hello traderpards,

Thanks for your post.

I will submit a feature request to not allow the strategy to be enabled unless Ninjatrader is connected to the Historical Data Server. I will update this thread when I have further information.
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
    4 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post DJ888
    by DJ888

Started by terofs, Today, 04:18 PM
    0 responses