Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CFD products with FXCM and NT8 - symbol issue

Guys,

When I imported my NinjaTrader 7 settings into NT 8, it converted a bunch of symbols I had already set up for FXCM's CFD products. For example, there were symbols like this:

$US30
    $GER30_CFDEUR

and so on.

When I look in NT 8, these symbols are represented, but without the "$" sign.

When I connect to FXCM using NT's historical data server, these symbols do not load any data. I tried adding a "$" in front and no change. I also tried going into the symbol settings and listing it with a "$" sign in the FXCM section, and no change.

Can someone from NT figure this out and let me know how to configure these products so that data shows up? Currencies seem to work OK with symbols like AUDUSD, etc.

Hello,

Thank you for reporting this. Have these custom symbols replaced the pre-loaded "US30" and "GER30" instruments in NinjaTrader 8, or do you still see them in the Instruments window? If you still see them, please try these instead and see if you see the same result. If these pre-loaded instrument work, then there may be something amiss about the way your custom instruments were transferred over, and I'd like to take a look further to see if that is the case.
    Dave I.NinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Dave View Post
      Hello,

Thank you for reporting this. Have these custom symbols replaced the pre-loaded "US30" and "GER30" instruments in NinjaTrader 8, or do you still see them in the Instruments window? If you still see them, please try these instead and see if you see the same result. If these pre-loaded instrument work, then there may be something amiss about the way your custom instruments were transferred over, and I'd like to take a look further to see if that is the case.
      I am away from my machine at the moment but I will try that out in a few hours and get back to you.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by benmarkal, Yesterday, 12:52 PM
      3 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
      Started by helpwanted, Today, 03:06 AM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post sarafuenonly123