Market Analyzer - Indicator, setting plot as signal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Jessica,
    I will try but don't have high hopes, because the screen-shot above (Example1455829-MarketAnalyzer.png) shows the minimal set. It has ticker, last price and the custom column. I suppose I could remove the last price.

On a different note, I tried uninstalling and that failed with error 1603. Should I be uninstalling now? Is there a manual way to uninstall NT 8 (I see the page for NT 7)

Comment

Hello jawahar04,
      I do appreciate the position you are in. The screenshot above does show several instruments we were having trouble getting to work. Even with your template, I was able to get ES 03-16 working. It may be a better idea to treat your template - with working instruments rather than the ones you have selected - as a known good configuration. If that is the strategy you would like to use, I can use the same strategy on my end. Once every instrument in market analyzer works, we can then introduce the instruments that are not loading one at a time, and try to find out what is special about that particular instrument, which is a much simpler problem.

NinjaTrader 8 is similar to NinjaTrader 7, in that it installs to your Program Files folder, and your (My) Documents folder. I will be providing some instructions on completely uninstalling NinjaTrader 8. I do not believe a reinstall will resolve things by itself, but I do agree it is a good step if we are trying to rule things out.

Please follow the steps listed below to completely uninstall and reinstall NinjaTrader 8.
      • Close all running applications.
      • Uninstall NinjaTrader 8 within Windows Control Panel.
      • Then manually delete the folder 'NinjaTrader 8' located under Start> (My) Documents.
      • Delete any NinjaTrader 8 installation files. This can be done by going to Start> (My) Computer> Search button> search for: NinjaTrader* > select Local C Disk and then press 'Search'.
        Then you will need to clear your internet browser cache and history. You will clear this from within your internet browser (with IE, Tools-->Options, delete cookies and files, clear history).
        • Please ensure that you do not delete any of your NinjaTrader 7 files in this process. Every NinjaTrader 7 directory has "NinjaTrader 7" somewhere in its file path. I recommend making a list in a text file and deleting all lines containing NinjaTrader 7.
      • Reboot your machine.
      • Once these steps are completed, download NT8 from the link below.
      Jessica P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Jessica,
        Thanks, will isolate further with ES 03-16. Which data feed should I use (want to minimize the variables and mimic your tests)

Comment

I believe the Simulated Data feed will work as long as we are simply "smoke testing" (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smoke_...%28software%29 ). Once we actually have any data showing up in the indicator column at all, if you can let me know what data provider you are using, it would be appreciated.

If we need more frequent conversation, you may also e-mail platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com and reference ticket number 1455829 .

Comment

Hello jawahar04,

I am following up on our thread. Were you able to get the ES 03-16 instrument working with Market Analyzer and the Simulated Data Feed in NinjaTrader 8 using your template?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by FrazMann, Today, 11:21 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post FrazMann  
            Started by geddyisodin, Yesterday, 05:20 AM
            8 responses
            0 likes