Excessive plot executions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excessive plot executions

My platform (full paid version) is showing an excessive and increasing number of executions. It shows the same trade over and over again even though there was only one execution. (see attachment)

I have plot executions set to "text and marker"

The number of times that it shows the same trade seems to grow every time I start the software.

I have tried turning it on and off and resetting etc.

I am using 64-bit 7.0.1000.30 (live) and have it connected to NinjaTrader Brokerage and FXCM.

Is this a known issue? Perhaps I've set something incorrectly.

Many thanks in advance for the help.
    Attached Files

Hello 8DTK8,

I notice the orders are listed as "external" in the screenshot. When NinjaTrader submits an order, it maintains a record of this in its database. When an order/execution event is received from the connected broker, NinjaTrader will mark this as "external" if it did not already have a record of this order in the database.

There are different scenarios where this could happen:

- You submit an order through NT
    - Delete/Reset the Database
    - NT receives an order event and since the database is in a "fresh" state, it would mark the order as external

OR

An order was submitted to your account outside of NinjaTrader such as by your broker or through another trading application.

I assume you did not delete/reset the database nor were the orders submitted outside of NinjaTrader. NinjaTrader has an one day look back period on orders. If an order is older than one day and information is sent to NinjaTrader, the order will show up as 'External'. It seems information was sent multiple times which caused the order to show up as "external" multiple times.

In addition, please note that this is NinjaTrader 8 beta section of the forum. Please post any future NinjaTrader 7 items under the proper section.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Jason,

Sorry about posting in the wrong place.

All my orders are placed through NT and I have not reset the DB.

Is there a way I can fix this issue?

And if it's possible, is there a way to do it without losing the record / marker for my previous executions (as would happen with "Reset DB"?

Much appreciated.

Comment

Do you see these external orders in the Control Center-->Executions-tab? If so, please right click an execution and select Delete.

If not listed there, unfortunately I do not see a way to remove them other than resetting the database.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Davide999, 05-18-2023, 03:55 AM
        4 responses
        1 like
        Last Post kcwasher  
        Started by Stanfillirenfro, Today, 07:23 AM
        2 responses
        0 likes