• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Strategy Analyzer with High precision tick fills processing versus Replay

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategy Analyzer with High precision tick fills processing versus Replay

Hi,

I'm trying to think through this, but with NT8's High Fill Resolution of a 1 Tick value, how is Strategy Analyzer any different from Replay.

There are a lot of variables here, but I have a strategy that places limit orders and needs to trade with Calculate.OnEachTick to get proper entries. When I run this through Strategy Analyzer with 1 Tick high Fill resolution, the trades seem to be accurate.

I understand if you needed to know bid/ask data for a market order, that Strategy Analyzer does not consider historical bid/ask data (unless you add it to the script), but for something that places limit orders, how do they differ?

Thanks!

Hello tomace,

Thanks for your post.

I will be looking into this but I can advise that the High Fill Resolution is based on adding a smaller bar series to submit orders to - where replay data is based on the recorded movements of the market. Executions can be similar in both.
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello tomace,

The difference would be in replay you also have level 2 data which the simulation engine would use as part of its decision to fill or not fill a particular order.
      Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by mreanuzlazx, Today, 01:30 AM
      0 responses
      1 view
      0 likes
      Last Post mreanuzlazx  
      Started by xinepev, Today, 12:33 AM
      0 responses