Can't import indicator with stroke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't import indicator with stroke

Just got called because an indicator wouldn't import. Problem seems to be the Stroke

PHP Code:
            [NinjaScriptProperty]
            [
    Display(ResourceType typeof(Custom.Resource), GroupName="Basic"Name "... myStroke"Order 25Description="")]
            public 
    NinjaTrader.Gui.Stroke myStroke 

getset; } 
    PHP Code:
    if (State == State.SetDefaults)
    {

myStroke = new Stroke() { Brush Brushes.BlackWidth 2DashStyleHelper DashStyleHelper.Dash };

I can import/export fine...as can the other guys, but the poor tester can't.
    Not sure what I did wrong...

Hello,

Thank you for the question.

I wanted to check, is this a compiled assembly the tester is using or the source code?

if possible, I would suggest trying the source code first to see if that can import, in the case it can not that would be easier to manually import to see what errors are being generated.

In the case this is an assembly, you would likely need to manually import and reference the assembly and then compile to check for errors.

I look forward to being of further assistance .
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Compiled assembly.... this is the first time we've sent this code to someone other than a developer.

They imported ...(that is tried to import)....compiled 'AgileNet' secured assemblies just like a 'real user'.

The person doing the import gets this error...

Code:
      The type or namespace name 'Stroke' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
      ....almost like this needs to be serialized...(but I thought we were using some Ninja version of 'stroke'
      Last edited by andrew56; 02-02-2016, 11:50 AM.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the reply.

From my tests I have been unable to reproduce this, can you tell me have you tried testing on the users machine with a un secured DLL to see if this is specific to using agile?

Without a more specific example or steps I would be unable to reproduce this at this point. I would suggest testing the non protected assembly first to see if this is specifically to do with agile or your code. If it still happens in the protected dll, likely something in the code is causing the problem and would need further debugged.

I look forward to being of further assistance .
        JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I don't think you will able to replicate it....because you already have "stroke" and "datetime" working.

I finally found another thread on the support forum with this same problem. Zachary_G supplied a bit of wisdom for the DateTime but I didn't see anything for Stroke.

Comment

Quick update..... I removed the " [NinjaScriptProperty] " from the 'stroke' properties definitions and and recompiled.
            The tester can now import the code.

Unless something else pops up with stroke, you can take this off the "waiting for response" list.

Thanks!!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
            2 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post algospoke  
            Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
            3 responses
            0 likes