Saved work space didn't save

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saved work space didn't save

Downloaded Ninja 8 today, thought I would try this "highly promoted" system. When I found out that my work spaces from vs 7 didn't port, I went to work doing charts for one of the markets I trade in (NQ). Got the charts all built and did a save, then quit Ninja . In the closing process as vs 7 did, vs 8 asked if I wanted the work spaces saved. Clicked "save all." Then I reopened Ninja 8 and tried to open the saved work space. Nothing happened. Nothing there! Ugh!

I can't find this as a problem others have had when I search the forum. What am I not doing?

Originally posted by ORGramps View Post
    Downloaded Ninja 8 today, thought I would try this "highly promoted" system. When I found out that my work spaces from vs 7 didn't port, I went to work doing charts for one of the markets I trade in (NQ). Got the charts all built and did a save, then quit Ninja . In the closing process as vs 7 did, vs 8 asked if I wanted the work spaces saved. Clicked "save all." Then I reopened Ninja 8 and tried to open the saved work space. Nothing happened. Nothing there! Ugh!

I can't find this as a problem others have had when I search the forum. What am I not doing?
    Exactly how are you closing NinjaTrader 8? Are you right clicking on the task bar and selecting 'close all windows'? If you do that, it may close all your charts and then prompt you to save the workspace - which results in a workspace saved with no charts.

Please try a test again by setting up a simple workspace, then hit the red X from the NinjaTrader control center, and select Yes to all when prompted.

Doing so should be everything you need to do save a workspace. If that does not work, do you maybe have some anti-virus or other applications used to scan/save files installed that could potentially be conflicting?
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Matthew,

OK that works. Seems like that ought to be included in the "startup" instructions as "shutdown" instructions. Maybe it is, but I couldn't find anything that told me how to shut down. By using the task-bar and closing the Control Center, the same choices appear. That led me to believe that my work spaces were saved, especially after I had clicked "save" in the "Workspaces" sub-menu before closing the Control Center..

In any event, thanks for the help. I simply need to learn the idiosyncrasies of the new system.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by PaulMohn, Today, 03:49 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post PaulMohn  
      Started by inanazsocial, Today, 01:15 AM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Jason