Adding a price marker in chart without plotting anything

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding a price marker in chart without plotting anything

I am working on an expanded Price Alert indicator and I would like a price marker to be displayed on the Y-Axis that stays next to my horizontal line when it is moved. I tried to use a plot, but this has the problem that when I move the line I see a plot signal displayed on the chart.

I moved the AddPlot command into the State.Configure section and this seemed to solve the issue, but when I reload the workspace I get an error "Added plots or lines must have a unique name" and my indicators did not load correctly.

My question is: Is there a way to add a dynamic price marker to the y-axis without plotting anything on the chart?
    Attached Files

Hello,

Thank you for the question.

The error you received would be expected by moving the AddPlot into the later state as this would not be the correct state for the AddPlot method.

Regarding a PriceMarker, as far as I am aware these can only be added with a Plot I will see if I can locate any further information on this subject.

I would be unsure why what you were trying was not working specifically, if you would like to post a sample of what is not working I could certainly look further into it. Because there is no default PriceAlert indicator in the platform I would have nothing to compare against other than what you are currently using.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Christopher_R, Today, 12:29 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post Christopher_R  
    Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
    166 responses
    0 likes