Strategy window freezes after few minutes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategy window freezes after few minutes

I finished re-writing my first strategy into NT8. It was running yesterday full day without any issue on multiple instruments. But today, the chart window in which the strategy is running in, is freezing after few minutes after I enable it. (can't click on the chart, can't move it, price don't update)

Other windows, like the editor, still responding. I didn't see any errors in the log file. The last line is basically: "Enabling NinjaScript strategy ...."

Any suggestions on what might be the issue?

Edit with more info:
    I added an output line in the function OnBarUpdate and immediately exited the function after that. From what I see in the output window, the line is reached about 50 times. And then stops, not more output.

Edit #2:
    Okay I think the issue is with drawing of text. Do I need to limit the frequency in which I'm calling Draw.FixedText? can it be threading issue?

Thanks.
    Last edited by benharper; 02-04-2016, 08:34 AM.

Hello,

Thank you for alerting us to this issue. I would say you would need to be called Draw.TextFixed an extremely large number of times in order to cause a chart to freeze, so there may be something else at play. Would you mind sharing a simplified version of your code with me, so that I can test on my end to see if I can reproduce the results?
    Dave I.NinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Hi David,

This might be associated with the Freezing issue discussed in this thread. We haven't heard from anyone at NT Support about the status.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by Shansen, 08-30-2019, 10:18 PM
      24 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post spwizard  
      Started by Max238, Today, 01:28 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post Max238