NT 8.0.0.8 Snap not working while in drawing tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT 8.0.0.8 Snap not working while in drawing tool

After selecting any drawing tool, it is not possible to change the snap mode (via hotkeys) part way through drawing.

For example, select the ray tool, press the hotkey for snap to bar and price, select the bar/price point as the first point, then press the hotkey for snap to bar and then select the bar point. This change of snap mode while in a drawing tool does not work in NT8, but does work in NT7.

At present one can only change the snap mode in NT8 when out of the drawing tool, so one has to place the drawing tool in the wrong place, then change the snap mode and then change the drawing tool points afterwards.

This fix is essential for quick and productive drawing.

I experience the same behavior on my end. I will submit this to the Product Management Team and update this thread with any further information.

Comment

After consulting with the Product Management Team, this change was made purposefully. It was not intended that you could switch the snap mode while in the middle of placing a drawing object.

The Product Management Team is aware that you would like this feature to revert back to NinjaTrader 7 behavior and they will keep a count of how many vote this request receives.

Comment

Please can you list the exact beneficial reasons for this purposeful change.

I trade using price action and drawing tools only and you will find that a lot of others do the same. This change will result in me never switching to NT8 as it slows me down tremendously, which is against the ethos of Ninjatrader. (Ninja - get it?).

There are many instances where one wants a ray drawn from a bar and price snap to only a bar snap. This change stops one from doing this.

Please can you resubmit this issue to your Product Management Team and kindly request that this "feature" be turned into a bug report instead as it really does not make any sense.

Comment

Originally posted by petermb View Post
          Please can you list the exact beneficial reasons for this purposeful change.

I trade using price action and drawing tools only and you will find that a lot of others do the same. This change will result in me never switching to NT8 as it slows me down tremendously, which is against the ethos of Ninjatrader. (Ninja - get it?).

There are many instances where one wants a ray drawn from a bar and price snap to only a bar snap. This change stops one from doing this.

Please can you resubmit this issue to your Product Management Team and kindly request that this "feature" be turned into a bug report instead as it really does not make any sense.
          I will make sure to send a feature request for this behavior to revert.

Comment

+1 Vote
            I was going to make a feature request but I think it fits here well. I wanted to ask the ruler to have a freely floating data box, i.e. first two clicks should snap to bars and prices but the mini window with ruler details should not snap to anything. But, if snap-mode hotkey functionality will be similar to NT7 then this sorts my issue.

Comment

Hi Patrick, please can you get back to me with the benefits that this change brings.

Comment

Originally posted by roslja View Post
                +1 Vote
                I was going to make a feature request but I think it fits here well. I wanted to ask the ruler to have a freely floating data box, i.e. first two clicks should snap to bars and prices but the mini window with ruler details should not snap to anything. But, if snap-mode hotkey functionality will be similar to NT7 then this sorts my issue.
                I have submitted your vote for this feature request with the additional details to the Product Management Team.

Petermb, I do not have any updates regarding your feature request.

EDIT: The internal tracking number for this request is SFT-1175
                Last edited by NinjaTrader_PatrickG; 02-18-2016, 04:07 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post jaybedreamin  
                Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
                6 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post DJ888