• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help Draw image

Hello.
    As it can be implemented in version 8?

Thanks, Andrey I.

public override void Plot(Graphics graphics, Rectangle bounds, double min, double max)
    {
    Image img = Image.FromFile(Environment.GetFolderPath(Environme nt.SpecialFolder.Personal) + \\logo.png");
    graphics.DrawImage(img, 1, 18, 50, 50);
    }

Hello,

Thank you for the question.

Because NinjaTrader 8 now uses SharpDX, quite a lot has changed in regard to how you would Draw an image.

I located a SharpDX sample of drawing an image specifically using Google: https://english.r2d2rigo.es/2014/08/...using-sharpdx/

Most items you will research for SharpDX will not be specific to NinjaTrader so you would need to take whatever examples you find and review the logic used and only use exactly what is needed.

This page linked to a git repo which contained a sample, I reviewed the sample and took only the critical parts from that sample and placed them in an indicator which is attached.
    https://github.com/r2d2rigo/Direct2D...iewProvider.cs

NinjaTrader does most of the hard work so most of the sample was not used, only the loading the file and drawing were taken from the sample.

For other NInjaTrader Specific examples of SharpDX, I would suggest reviewing the SampleCustomPlot indicator or any of the Drawing Tools that are in the NinjaScript editor as they all use OnRender.

To run the sample, Import the indicator. After importing the indicator, place the attached image in the Documents\NinjaTrader 8 folder. The indicator is specifically looking for the User documents folder to load the image from file.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Attached Files
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB; 10-31-2022, 10:19 AM.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
    6 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post alifarahani  
    Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
    1 response
    0 likes