Real well done Candle-volume bars for Ninja Trader

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Real well done Candle-volume bars for Ninja Trader

It would be great if we can add Candle Sticks with Volume similar but better than Equi-Volume bars.

They are in the the RITHMIC R | TRADER Platform and they are pretty awesome.

The Rithmic bars are actually perfect. They are done perfectly and correctly.

Their is a "program/indicator" add on for Ninja to do this but it sucks.
    Because it only changes the width of the bars and not the X-AXIS of the chart. And that is where the fail and limitation on the Ninja charts are for this kind of bars! :O

It has to be able to modify the x-axis AND ALSO correctly set the volume width per bar.

Like X certain amount of contracts = 1 pixel of width
    Then that ratio would have to be set from maybe a maximum and minimum of contracts per bar that is in the chart range.

Like let's say I download 1 day of historical data for a instrument/contract well the bar with the bar with the LOWEST volume of all that past range of bars sets the Minimum volume/pixel width - I think. That would set the minimum ratio. That bar can be like 10 pixels wide (** or whatever is the minimum for the person to see it comfortably**) then the other bars grow "fatter/wider" with all the additional volume at a CORRECT, STABLE, and REAL RATIO. - You know. In other words -- every other bar will be fatter or thinner at a correct and relative ratio of width letting the trader know instantly how much volume is coming into the market instantly. and Relative to other bars! and you know that is what we are all about.

That way that "width ratio" stays the same for the session because if it constantly shifts then it is basically useless like the Equi-volume bars indicator for Ninja Trader made by Ninjacators ( I think). It is totally sucks because of that. I think it can be found in Big Mike's also... but it sucks.

It just is useless because the past/historical bars keep changing... like it is "re-painting".

What do you guys think?!

The REAL limitation is that the X-Axis HAS to be dynamic. The x-axis has to be wider and thinner per bar to give each new bar what ever space it needs to "grow out into space" as new volume comes in. That right there is the key.

That PLUS: setting the width ratio with the lowest volume bar. Any bar with the 1 contract or more ( or above 0 contracts).
    You can get a Demo of Rithmic from Topstep trader and a bunch of brokers.

Thanks!
    Attached Files

Hello InTheMoment ,

I have submitted your proposal as a feature request. I will update this thread at a later time with a request ID. Thank you for helping NinjaTrader 8 be the best product it can be.
    Jessica P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

This item has been given the Feature Request ID SFT-1171
      Jessica P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
      47 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post aligator