indexes not updating with live data from esignal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

indexes not updating with live data from esignal

Indexes (e.g. ^DJIA, etc) load fine historically but still do not update with live data from eSignal. Futures data from same connection is fine in NT8 and both are fine in NT7, (database migration as per standard install.)

Using eSignal Data Manager (build 436) available from eSignal as their standard legacy 10.6.2425 release download. NB that the new eSignal 12 release DM on its own is no good for NT7 as NT7 then complains about IMPLODE.DLL missing.

I can run NT7/NT8 simultaneously from the connection but can never get a live index chart updating in NT8.

Updated from NT8B5 to NT8B8 and issue is unchanged.

Thanks for any help.
    Last edited by quaver; 02-13-2016, 09:45 AM.

further update

I have now ascertained that this upgrade path is a real Catch 22 as follows:

NT8 will only update live index data if esignal DM build 465 (from esignal 12) is active/available. BUT - it will not update live index data if a build 436 DM from esignal 10 is still installed. (It however will run futures data, and the build 465 is still the one running so that's weird.)

The gotcha: NT7 will not run with just DM 465 from esignal 12 installed as it reports a panic error from failing to load the dbcapi.dll to connect since the connection will no longer be published if esignal 10.6/DM build 436 is uninstalled.

I'm currently looking at FDAX updating in NT7/NT8/esignal 12, and ^DAX updating in NT7/esignal 12 but not in NT8.

Any clues or index data fixes for a way forward greatly appreciated, otherwise no easy conversion process form NT7 to NT8 for some of us eSignal users without resorting to separate machines.

ed: I also noted a problem with NT8 historical data for the index failing to load the last day as well with the two eSignal insallations present.

ed2: Note that this is always with 32 bit versions of all apps as NT7 cannot run with eSignal 64 bit.

Cheers
    Last edited by quaver; 02-16-2016, 05:42 AM.

Comment

Hello quaver, thank you for your post. I would like to first clarify just to ensure that I am on the same page.

When using the eSignal 10 with NinjaTrader 7 and 8, you see indexes update for only NinjaTrader 7, while NinjaTrader 8 is only able to load historical data, but not live quotes. You also receive a IMPLODE.DLL error which comes from NinjaTrader 7 - where you able to resolve this error?

When using eSignal 12 with NinjaTrader 7 and 8, NinjaTrader 7 is able to establish a connection, but receive another error: dbcapi.dll. NinjaTrader 8 however runs fine so far with eSignal 12.

If you didn't know, I would like to point out that NinjaTrader 7 only support the 10.6.2124 of eSignal while NinjaTrader 8 only supports 12.2.3829:

http://ninjatrader.com/ConnectionGui...nnection-Guide

Please let me know if I'm missing any essential items.
      Riley S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

sad

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RileyS View Post
        If you didn't know, I would like to point out that NinjaTrader 7 only support the 10.6.2124 of eSignal while NinjaTrader 8 only supports 12.2.3829:
        No I didn't know that - since they each seem to support half each.

That explains all the hassle I have had and confirms exactly what I said - this is one big pain in the neck and there is no easy upgrade path from NT7 to NT8 for eSignal users without using separate machines. Now I can stop trying, thanks for the clarification.

Comment

Hello quaver, thanks for your feedback and this does seem inconvenient.

I will submit a feature request for both platforms to support the same versions of esignal so that moving from one platform to the other won't be such an inconvenience.

Comment

Additionally quaver, if you have any other users that feel the same the way, please lead them to this forum thread to cast a vote for this feature request by posting a message.

Comment

Hi Riley,

Thank you for that, although my guess is the dev crew have their hands full anyway. It would be great if there was a simpler/sensible way around this but I can understand the historical interface complications that have arisen as a result of esignal not being a priority.

I can live with having to use separate machines and times now that I know the situation more clearly, I will just restructure my plans to explore NT8, so long as it all works well with the latest interface. At some point a slightly uncomfortable jump will have to be made anyway.

Cheers

Comment

Hello quaver, the feature request ID to this item is SFT-1187.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by funk10101, Today, 09:43 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post funk10101  
                Started by pkefal, 04-11-2024, 07:39 AM
                11 responses
                0 likes