Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

WPF UserControl dll not picking up new version.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WPF UserControl dll not picking up new version.

I am developing a UserControl for NT 8 that is a separate DLL. In my indicator code, I can load the UserControl and place it on the chart as desired and then when the indicator is terminated, the code removes the UserControl from the chart successfully.

When I update the UserControl in VisualStudio, I stop Ninja and place the new version of the DLL in the "C:\Users\me\Documents\NinjaTrader 8\bin\Custom" folder, then restart Ninja.

The only version of the UserControl that shows is the one from the very first time it was loaded. All the changes I have made to the UserControl since the first load have not showed up.

What steps are necessary to make NinjaTrader (or Windows?) recognize the new DLL?

Thanks,
    Gary

Hello Gary,

Thank you for writing in.

Once you have made the changes in Visual Studio and have built your new DLL file that replaces the old one, the changes should take affect.

Are you overwriting the previous DLL file, or are you creating a new one with a different name? If you're making a new DLL, you'll need to ensure to add the corresponding using statement as well as referencing the new DLL.
    Zachary G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

The DLL is named the same and is put into the same directory each time, replacing the old one (once NinjaTrader is shut down).
      The using statement and reference to the DLL are the same and still valid.
      I had verified these steps also but to no avail.
      So the mystery continues.

On a more positive note, I figured out how to dynamically read in the XAML file of the UserControl so I do not need the external DLL any more.
      Dropping in a new XAML file every time I make a change works and the new changes are picked up.
      So I don't have to worry about the DLL solution for now, but I sure would like to understand why it did not work.

Thanks,
      Gary

Comment

Hello Gary,

Are there any errors that appear in the NinjaScript Editor when you attempt to compile the indicator after adding method calls to methods that should be within the new version of the DLL?
        Zachary G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I also have several user controls developed from VS 2012 that I modify often and work fine.
          I know it's obvious, but check times of the compiled and make sure you are copying the dlls from the appropriate folder (Debug or Release).

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by cls71, Today, 04:45 AM
          0 responses
          1 view
          0 likes
          Last Post cls71
          by cls71

Started by mjairg, 07-20-2023, 11:57 PM
          3 responses