Connection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connection

In NT7 it is not possible to connect to realtime index data using two different feeds. Will this be possible in NT8. I use two feeds: Kinetick and IB. For the index sp500 I would prefer to use the kinetikc feed and because the Euro Stoxx 50 is not available with the Kinetick feed, I have to use IB for this index. In NT7 this construction is not possible because both are indices and have to use the same feed. Is this possible in NT8, using different feeds fior symbols from the same type?

Hello Renejm,

Unfortunately not. NinjaTrader 8 allows you to setup preferred connections for realtime and historical data per instrument type. So you can only choose one connection for realtime data for Future instruments. You can configure preferred connections at Control Center-->Tools-->Options-->Market data.
    Attached Files
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Renejm,

thanks for post, I was interested with the same problem. Now I wonder what to do. I want to use Kinetick for ES (emini S&P500], YM(emini Dow Jones), NQ (emini Nasdaq) and CQG for emini Russel 2000 (TF) - Kinetick doesnt support TF now.
      I need to have tick data for these markets, but CQG tick data are useless (same as IB etc). Kinetick has good tick data, but doesnt have TF.
      Is it expected to add this functionality - to be able to specify data feed for each instrumet - into pipeline? Thanks, best regards

tom

Comment

Hello Tom,

Yes, it is present on our list of possible future enhancements and is assigned to SFT-1074. I will forward your votes.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by cre8able, 02-11-2023, 05:43 PM
        3 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post rhubear
        by rhubear

Started by frslvr, 04-11-2024, 07:26 AM
        8 responses