• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Beta 8.0.0.8 - Unable to turn off/on Global Simulation Mode

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beta 8.0.0.8 - Unable to turn off/on Global Simulation Mode

I had to install a new BIOS update for my computer, which ultimately created a new ninjatrader computer ID. After the BIOS update, when I restarted ninja 8 beta 8.0.0.8, it prompted me that I would need to re-enter all the connections. Once I did that and even though I have the "Start in Global simulation mode" unchecked, every time now that I start Ninja8 beta. it remains in "Global Simulation" mode. It appears there is no way to turn it off the "Global Simulation" mode once this happens.

I was able to resolve this issue. Once ninjatrader detects a change and creates a new ninjatrader machine id, you also need to update the license keys as well. By default when it creates a new machine id due to BIOS update, it will change the license key to a sim licnese key. Once I updated the license key, i was able to turn off the "Global Simulation mode".
    Last edited by hotsalami; 02-16-2016, 06:26 AM.

You should have got a message on startup saying that your machine ID had changed and you would need to put in your license key and connection username and passwords. Which is a safety feature we installed.

Do you recall if you got that or not? Since that could be a bug if you didn't see that popup I would look into.
    BrettNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by tshidsmre, Today, 06:06 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post tshidsmre  
    Started by KetoProPlus123, Today, 06:05 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes