Beta 8.0.0.8 - Unable to turn off/on Global Simulation Mode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beta 8.0.0.8 - Unable to turn off/on Global Simulation Mode

I had to install a new BIOS update for my computer, which ultimately created a new ninjatrader computer ID. After the BIOS update, when I restarted ninja 8 beta 8.0.0.8, it prompted me that I would need to re-enter all the connections. Once I did that and even though I have the "Start in Global simulation mode" unchecked, every time now that I start Ninja8 beta. it remains in "Global Simulation" mode. It appears there is no way to turn it off the "Global Simulation" mode once this happens.

I was able to resolve this issue. Once ninjatrader detects a change and creates a new ninjatrader machine id, you also need to update the license keys as well. By default when it creates a new machine id due to BIOS update, it will change the license key to a sim licnese key. Once I updated the license key, i was able to turn off the "Global Simulation mode".
    Last edited by hotsalami; 02-16-2016, 06:26 AM.

You should have got a message on startup saying that your machine ID had changed and you would need to put in your license key and connection username and passwords. Which is a safety feature we installed.

Do you recall if you got that or not? Since that could be a bug if you didn't see that popup I would look into.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Barry Milan, Today, 10:35 PM
    1 response
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
    Started by WeyldFalcon, 12-10-2020, 06:48 PM
    14 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post Handclap0241