Forced upgrade to a Beta Version of 8?-Ridiculous

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forced upgrade to a Beta Version of 8?-Ridiculous

Being a die hard ver 7 user, I didn't want to update to 8 until absolutely necessary. So I get a pop up window while using the 7 platform that says I only have like 10 days to upgrade to the latest version. I get to the download site and I see that the latest and greatest version is still in beta development.
    So I remove version 7 so there won't be any conflicts. Then install Beta 9. It asks me to migrate all my 7 settings and info, I click the OK. Then lo and behold I get crashing with a big huge text box of what looks like a debug report. This is more fun than humans should be allowed to have.
    Going to try and attach the crash report.
    respectfully, you may want to to rethink the plan to force users to go with a beta buggy software. Just not good business sense, unless the business model is to become more like Microsoft.
    Attached Files

Hello bortz,

Thank you for your post.

NinjaTrader 7 users do not have to use NinjaTrader 8; they however must update to NinjaTrader 7.0.1000.31 before February 27th due to a security certificate expiring (they expire every 3 years for any software company wanting to send secure encrypted data over port 443).

Please read more about this update and instructions on how to update to NinjaTrader 7.0.1000.31 here: http://ninjatrader.com/Advisories/Advisory27

We plan to continue supporting NinjaTrader 7 for the foreseeable future.

Regarding the issues with NinjaTrader 8, please feel free to send us a note at platformsupport[AT]ninjatrader[dot]com with any additional information.
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_James; 02-25-2016, 04:07 PM.

Comment

Thanks James. Appreciate that.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
      4 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post DynamicTest  
      Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
      4 responses