Can't find Max Drawdown % Column in Optimizer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't find Max Drawdown % Column in Optimizer

The max drawdown column for optimizer results is always shown as a $ amount, but I would like to see Max Drawdown Percentage. I can see the individual Max Drawdown % in the summary screen by changing the summary units to %, but that doesn't help me when I want to quickly sort thousands of optimizer results by drawdown %. This column shows up by default in NT7, so I am assuming it can also be done in 8.

Hello,

It sounds like you are looking in the Analysis Display of the Strategy Analyzer. If so, you can pull down the Display dropdown, and change the calculation mode to percent from there, which will affect all of the values you see in the data grid and the accompanying graphs.
    Dave I.NinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Dave, thank you for the quick reply. I think you misunderstood my original post. I explained that I can change from $ to % in the analysis display using the calculation mode drop down, but that is not the concern here. What I want to do is change the maximum drawdown column in the Results window to %. The reason being I may have 50,000 optimization results, and I want to sort them by Maximum Drawdown %. This is something I have done for years in NT7, but can't seem to get it working in NT8. I have attached a screenshot to make it clear what I am looking at.

Comment

I see what you mean now. Since this is not consistent with NinjaTrader 7, and was not designed to change, I've submitted a report to our team to look into adding back the ability to change the calculation mode on statistics in the Optimizer Results grid based on what is selected in the Display dropdown menu.

I've sent the report with tracking ID # NTEIGHT-9426.
        Dave I.NinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by usazencort, Today, 01:16 AM
        0 responses
        1 view
        0 likes
        Last Post usazencort  
        Started by kaywai, 09-01-2023, 08:44 PM
        5 responses