Changing Charts & Time Scales Beta 9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing Charts & Time Scales Beta 9

Below chart 1 is a 22 tick chart showing about 1 hour 40 minutes. (replay data)

Chart 2 is switched to a 22 tick OC chart from template....bars are way way too fat ai 1 width and will not compress.
    Shows about 55 minutes of time across chart now.

Chart 3 is switching the OC chart back to a 22 tick OHLC chart.
    Again now about 55 minutes of time showing and there is no way to compress back to the 1 hour & 40 minutes of time originally shown in chart 1.

Whenever you change the original chart (say to a 23 tick chart) you will lose a lot of time shown on the original chart and the only way to get it back is to restart the program and replay data.

Being able to compress time back to the original 1 hour 40 minutes scale is critical.....why should you lose time allowed when formatting a chart as shown above....??

What is the solution here on always being able to show the max possible time compression if desired....??....I tried bar widths....

Did Ninja eliminate the HL chart for the OC chart ??...NT 7 had the HL type...you get a OC chart in a candlestick in any case....HL tick charts looked pretty clean.....

Thanks..........
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Alfred; 02-18-2016, 06:45 PM.

Hello Alfred,
    Thanks for your post.

When I change the interval on my end using the playback connection, I do not see any loss in data.

To clarify, are you seeing that if when you change your chart interval, there is less data on your chart? Could you show us a screen shot of this behavior?
    Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ShawnB View Post
      Hello Alfred,
      Thanks for your post.

When I change the interval on my end using the playback connection, I do not see any loss in data.

To clarify, are you seeing that if when you change your chart interval, there is less data on your chart? Could you show us a screen shot of this behavior?
      Hi....working with Zachary in NT support yesterday...found that upon a new Beta 8 complete reinstall there is now no loss of data or time....

For some reason the data was initially compressed more than normal upon loading replay data...the new install fixed that....working good now....

Thanks....!!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
      16 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post Leafcutter  
      Started by WHICKED, Today, 12:45 PM
      2 responses
      0 likes