Collapse

chart disappears in nt8 and miscellaneous

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you FMTrader, this information has been added to our notes.
    Jessica P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello FMTrader,

I would like to ask, has this continued through Beta 11 for you? Can you also provide the DPI for your monitor, as well as a detailed set of steps we can follow to reproduce on our end?

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_JessicaP View Post
        Hello FMTrader,

I would like to ask, has this continued through Beta 11 for you? Can you also provide the DPI for your monitor, as well as a detailed set of steps we can follow to reproduce on our end?
        The level of task bar overlap appears to be less with beta 11 but still occurs.
        The monitors I am using are Dell U2412M, 1920 x 1200 resolution, pixel pitch is 0.27mm.
        Simply select the standard Windows 10 option to "show tasbar on all displays"
        Maximize any chart on a non primary monitor and the bottom of the chart will be partially obscurred by ther taskbar. (approx 40% of the chart tab is covered)
        On the primary monitor the task bar is set to mimimum size.
        If I use display fusion's multimonitor taskbar instead of the windows one I get the same result.
        Whether you maximize by double clicking on the title bar versus clicking on the maximize button makes no difference to the issue.
        Chart maximising on the primary monitor seems to work correctly.

Comment

Thank you FMTrader.

Hello tradejocky,

I would like to ask, has what you were experiencing continued through Beta 11 for you as well? Can you also provide the DPI for your monitor, as well as a detailed set of steps we can follow to reproduce on our end?

Comment

Hello FMTrader, and thank you for your report. This behavior was confirmed on our end. We will be investigating this further. Please keep an eye on the NinjaTrader 8 Release Notes page for updates and bugfixes.

Comment

The overlap with the task bar behavior will be tracked separately from the empty chart body behavior.

If anyone has seen the empty chart body behavior happen in more recent beta versions of NT8, and can send us all of the following information, it would aid us greatly :

• DirectX version
              • Processor speed and number of cores
              • Available RAM
              • Video card
              • Monitor manufacturer, resolution, and any serial numbers available
              • NT Beta version

Please do not use any third party multiple desktop software when testing. Please also, if your video card has multiple ports, try each of your ports before sending us a report.

If anyone who has already participated in this thread has observed newer beta versions correcting this behavior, please let us know this as well.

Comment

Originally posted by FMtrader View Post
                UPDATE
                Fortunately my new monitors have arrived and I have just set all five of them up! Two each on each graphics card and one running off the internal Intel graphics.
                They are all Dell U2412M monitors at 1920 x 1200 resolution.

I can confirm that the original blank chart problem consistently occurs on three of the five monitors!

Summary is as follows:
                Graphics Card 1 DVI Output No 1 - No problem
                Graphics Card 1 DVI Output No 2 - Problem
                Graphics Card 2 DVI Output No 1 - No problem
                Graphics Card 2 DVI Output No 2 - Problem
                Intel Graphics HD 4000 - Problem

I have also confirmed that NT 7 does not exhibit this issue.

Hopefully this helps.
                Additional information:
                - Problem still occurs with beta 11 even with multi monitor task bars turned off.
                - Have also noticed that when you maximize the chart from the remaining single task bar it actually expands to a size slighly greater than the monitor! (slight extension onto the two adjacent monitors either side)
                - Graphics cards - Dual GeForce GT640 + Intel HD4000
                - Direct X - Version 12
                - System memory 16GB
                - Processor - i7 3770K (4 core) running at 4.3 GHz

Comment

Thank you very much for that information, FMTrader. Can you tell us what steps within the software we can take to reproduce the blank charts on our end? These should start with booting up NinjaTrader. If you can provide workspace and template files that do not contain any custom ninjascript assemblies such as custom indicators or strategies, that would be very helpful as well.

Comment

Thank you very much for that information, FMTrader. Can you tell us what steps within the software we can take to reproduce the blank charts on our end? These should start with booting up NinjaTrader. If you can provide workspace and template files that do not contain any custom ninjascript assemblies such as custom indicators or strategies, that would be very helpful as well.
                    Very easy to consistently reproduce the issue on my PC. To test it on your end you should use a multi monitor PC with at least one dual output graphics card as well as also check the behaviour of the built in internal graphics chip on the motherboard. I am running a Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H motherboard.

Simply start NT8 with a blank workspace then open a basic chart and maximize it to full screen. Minimize the chart then attempt to re-maximize it by clicking on the chart name in the taskbar. Progressively move this chart from monitor to monitor repeating the minimize/maximize process. On three of my five monitors the taskbar maximize process results in the chart borders expanding to full screen but the actual chart pane is "see through". On the remaining two monitors there are no problems. The issue occurs with both the 32 bit and 64 bit beta 11 versions

Comment

Hello FMTrader,

I was wondering if you could let us know whether this behavior has persisted into Beta 12?

Comment

Hello FMTrader,

I was wondering if you could let us know whether this behavior has persisted into Beta 12?
                        Hi Jessica

Yes the problem still occurs with Beta 12. The problem appears to have remained unchanged through several consecutive Beta versions. I have also noticed with at least the last two beta versions that when I maximize the chart from the taskbar it actually expands to a size a few pixels wider and taller than my monitor resolution (1920 x 1200). This occurs on both the monitors where the "see through" issue occurs as well as the ones where the chart displays properly.

Comment

Hi Jessica

Yes the problem still occurs with Beta 12. The problem appears to have remained unchanged through several consecutive Beta versions. I have also noticed with at least the last two beta versions that when I maximize the chart from the taskbar it actually expands to a size a few pixels wider and taller than my monitor resolution (1920 x 1200). This occurs on both the monitors where the "see through" issue occurs as well as the ones where the chart displays properly.

Still seeing exactly the same issues with RC1

Comment

Hi Jessica

I some how managed to see this on 2nd monitor (3440x1440) (MAXIMIZE from task bar expands beyond to a size a few pixels taller and wider than the monitor). But if I use the window items - it falls like 1 pixel short (I know because I can see the image there).

Win10, non anniversary update.

Comment

Hello, and thank you for your report. This behavior was confirmed on our end. We will be investigating this further. Please keep an eye on the NinjaTrader 8 Release Notes page for updates and bugfixes.

Just to clarify, there are two bugs in this thread, and both have been confirmed :

• Charts can be made to overlap the task bar
                              • Chart bodies sometimes float

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Rapine Heihei, Today, 08:19 PM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                              Started by Rapine Heihei, Today, 08:25 PM