• Show
Clear All

Draw.Line crash system with Beta9

hi,
    in my indicator there is an instruction :

Draw.Line(this, "rr" + CurrentBar, 15, 8850, 12, 8700, Brushes.LimeGreen);
    it was ok with beta8..

Now i'm installing beta9

and this instrunction have crash nt8....

I repeat some time..but it Always crash..

IT possible to evite crash nt8 and send log error ? ..
    thanks you...
    (but what 's wrong in this ? )
    thank

Another Question...

When i get this error :

The nt8 crashes...(with last version beta9)...is possibile to avoid this?
    With Beta8 it not crashed
    Last edited by turbofib; 02-20-2016, 06:59 PM.

Hello,

Thank you for the post.

I see using this on my end I am getting a different error than the one you had pictured but none the less an error.

As a general note this code should throw the error you had received if you had not checked if there were enough bars, although the index it threw the error on seems later than it should have.

I will put this in for further review with development.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

ok..thanks....

but for information.....with the same error... nt 8 beta 8 no crashed...i get only error

Comment

Another question..

In this i don't see information about number of line error

Is possible in the new release give information about the line that generated the error..

(if i use some array..i don't know where is the problem...in which line)

Thanks

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the reply.

Because this is a runtime error, the line is not listed but instead the Bar in which this occurred.

I can put in a feature request for this in the case it could be added.

I look forward to being of further assistance .

Comment

Guys, I am also seeing a problem with Draw.Line after upgrading to NT 8.0.0.9. The custom bar type I use at times draws more than one bar in succession with the same time stamp (e.g., 12:25:23, 12:25:23, 12:25:23). In 8.0.0.8 Draw.Line, using StartBarsAgo and EndBarsAgo methods, had no trouble drawing lines correctly on each successive bar. But in 8.0.0.9, Draw.Line only acknowledges the first of those bars, anchoring all lines from bars with that time stamp on the first bar only and ignoring those that follow. I haven't tested other Draw objects to see if the behavior is the same, but at least Draw.Line no longer correctly references bars ago on bars with the same time stamp.

Below is the specific Draw.Line code I am using. It is meant to draw a vertical line of fixed size on the current bar, and did so correctly on all bars in 8.0.0.8 (and in NT7 using DrawLine instead), but fails in 8.0.0.9 on bars with the same time stamp:

Draw.Line(this, "MyLine"+CurrentBar.ToString(), true, 0, MyYVal, 0, MyOtherYVal, MyAreaBrush, DashStyleHelper.Solid, MyCandleWidth);

Thanks for your help,

Light

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the post.

I wanted to check, is the type you are creating a public item that you could share? I am unable to test this on my end as this related directly with the same timestamp bars that the type you are using utilizes.

If the item is not public, could you provide a sample that demonstrates this to our platform support @ ninjatrader.com for further review?

Otherwise if you are able to produce the result you are on any of the standard bar types that would be ideal, if you could provide steps for that I could test going that route as well.

I look forward to being of further assistance.

Comment

Thank you for the reply Jesse. The problem should occur on any bar type that is capable of producing consecutive bars of the same time stamp. Renko bars are an obvious choice. (They insert filler bars in price gaps, and the filler bars have the same time stamp.) I have screen shots, and can send you sample code that should reproduce the problem on NT8's Renko bars. I'll prepare an email for "platform support at ninjatrader.com." Also, an additional problem appears on our custom bars that I suspect will repeat on Renkos, which is that lines are not always anchored in the center of the bar like they should be. On occasion, they are anchored to the left or right of center. I'll include screen shots of both problems, and code that should repeat them on Renko bars in NT8 in my email.

Thanks again!

Light

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by yertle, Yesterday, 08:38 AM
                7 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post yertle
                by yertle

Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM