• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Strategy Analyzer Log ->Open in Strategy Analyzer Tab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategy Analyzer Log ->Open in Strategy Analyzer Tab

I'm referring to when in the log of the strategy analyzer, and I right click on one of the entries, the context menu option "Open in Strategy Analyzer Tab". It opens a new tab but the strategy that opens isn't the one selected. It seems to open a random strategy for some reason.

The other thing I noticed is that after multiple optimizations, items that were pinned become unpinned which I assume they shouldn't.

Lastly, it would be convenient if a context menu item was added that allowed you to send this strategy to the NT Console Strategy tab with the parameters from the optimization.
    Last edited by GrumpyTrader; 02-21-2016, 12:02 PM.

I was not able to reproduce the random strategy selection by following your steps. If this is easily reproducible, can you make a short video? I would recommend using Jing to create a video:

https://www.techsmith.com/jing.html

Also, can you confirm - is this occurring on the most recent version of the Beta (8.0.0.9)? If you are on a previous version please upgrade and test again.
    Patrick G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

You have a pretty interesting idea there regarding automatically setting up a strategy with parameters used by the optimizer. While Riley continues to work with you on the potential bugs, I've logged this suggestion with tracking ID # SFT-1196.
      Dave I.NinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Hi Patrick,
        The random strategy issue I believe is related to having sub-folders under strategies. I noticed that I don't have the same issue on another computer where I just have the default install.

Comment

Hi Dave,
          Thanks. I think it would be a nice time saver to add that context menu item.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by 7robert, Today, 09:41 AM
          2 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
          Started by Mykro, Today, 08:42 AM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Kate