This New Release Sucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello DaveN,

I would not expect that using the exact same settings and the exact same scripts and the exact same workspace in a Windows 10 installation would be any different.

May I confirm that starting in safe mode without the workspace did not allow NinjaTrader to start?
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Here's what happens when I try and run in safe mode. I'm attaching a screen shot.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by daven View Post
        Can someone from support comment on this? Is there any reason to believe that NT8 will run better on 10 than windows 7, and if true will NT7 run as well on Windows 10 as it does on Windows 7?
        DaveN
        I can tell you that for me NT7 runs a lot better with fewer data loading freezes and crashes on Windows 10 than ever did on Windows 7 Pro.

Comment

Originally posted by daven View Post
          Can someone from support comment on this? Is there any reason to believe that NT8 will run better on 10 than windows 7, and if true will NT7 run as well on Windows 10 as it does on Windows 7? I am having no issues with NT7 and that is where I live trade so the last thing I want to do is screw NT7 up.
          DaveN
          I haven't run NT7 on Win10 yet. Win7 is still my preferred OS with no issues in NT7.

NT8 is fine on both OS's.

Comment

NT7 and Windows 10 works great for me........So does NT8.......but no special scripts or indicators loaded.......And I have done the updates.

Comment

daven,

I had some serious problems with NT8 (beta 8) constantly crashing on me with even simple tasks, like using Print method (see here: http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...ad.php?t=82764 )

What helped in the end was: back up of and then complete removal of NinjaTrader 8 folder (from Documents), letting NT8 recreate it on install and copying all scripts and data to the newly created folder. If you can, try it.

Comment

Hello DaveN,

I would like to give you a call and assist you.

Please send an email to platformsupport [at] ninjatrader [dot] com. In the email please include a link to this forum thread.
                Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by aligator View Post
                  One wonder if NT8 can be trusted for live trades after 5 years of development. No reason to switch from NT7 until NT8 is formally released and bug free.

If you really have to use NT8, perhaps upgrade to free Windows 10, I had no problem with NT8 update on Windows 10.

Cheers!

I will not Switch to NT8 LIVE until NT8 Playback-Market Replay works fully. (This was my condition from Nt 6.5 to 7).

But then again - there are new items in NT8 with TDA that hopefully will be worked out by then.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by Christopher_R, Today, 12:29 AM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post Christopher_R  
                  Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
                  166 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post sidlercom80