Problem with naming of indicators and charting of extended line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with naming of indicators and charting of extended line

Hi. I noticed some problems with NT8. I coded some indicators and gave them my own names but when I click on the indicator icon in the chart and try to select them, they are under different names (both are renamed 'range'). Why are they not being displayed with the same name I gave them? Please check the images I have attached for your reference.

Another problem I noticed is that when I try to draw an extended line on my chart and set its limits / boundaries to be the start and close of the current session, the line still extends to the previous session. What could be the problem here? I have also attached the relevant images for your reference.

Please look into these issues and let me know how they can be solved. Thanks.
    Attached Files

Hello mbesha,

Thanks for your post.

Regarding the indicator names, please check in the section if (State == State.SetDefaults) for the variable "Name". Does the value put into Name match the file name? The value in "Name" is what will show in the indicators panel while the file name is what will show in the NS editor.

With an extended line, the line will extend both left and right beyond the start and stop dates/times of the anchor points. You may want to use a standard line that will fit within your start/stop anchor points or a Ray that draws in one direction only.
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks. Your advice on the naming of the indicators fixed that problem. As for the extended line, I guess my understanding of them was wrong. I tried coding an indicator that would draw up the support/resistance lines on the chart for me but whenever I try to run it on a chart, the program freezes up on me. There are no errors during compilation so I am not too sure what could be the problem. Could you please take a quick look at it and tell me what could be causing the program to stall? I have attached a screenshot which an example of what I am hoping to chart with the indicator. Thanks.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello mbesha,

Thanks for your reply.

Sorry, we do not provide code writing or debugging service. What I recommend is that you add print statements throughout your code to find out where it gets to. You will probably have to add a Print statement before and after each line. Please see our debugging guide here: http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...ead.php?t=3418
        Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by rocketman7, Today, 01:00 AM
        0 responses
        1 view
        0 likes
        Last Post rocketman7  
        Started by wzgy0920, 04-20-2024, 06:09 PM
        2 responses